Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By whubbard
Is it legal to have differently configured uppers (Threaded barrels mainly) or let than 12" SBR if they are not attached to a lower?

For instance say you have one Pre-Ban lower and you want to be able to configure it in different ways, so you have a few different pre-ban uppers. But you also have a post-ban lower. Would they be able to get you on being able to configure a CT AWB illegal rifle?

Many Thanks
By nvisn
whubbard wrote:Is it legal to have differently configured uppers (Threaded barrels mainly) or let than 12" SBR if they are not attached to a lower?

For instance say you have one Pre-Ban lower and you want to be able to configure it in different ways, so you have a few different pre-ban uppers. But you also have a post-ban lower. Would they be able to get you on being able to configure a CT AWB illegal rifle?

Many Thanks
I would say technically yes, they could screw you:

(2) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in possession or under the control of the same person;

From - http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/ ... eapons.pdf
By ChrisNCT
Way I see it ...

Tree make sounds when falling in woods?

If the CT State Police SLFU was that concerned they would be answering our calls, email, letters are what is legal here instead of saying we would like to help but we can't tell you what to do or what you can have. Such bullshit.

They want the laws and fight for them to pass but when it comes time for anything that they have to put their brains to they turn into DMV workers.
By whubbard
I've been thinking of contacting the state police but I feel like they'll just say I can't. I'd almost rather be able to plead ignorance here because the law is so ridiculous.
By Mike_Diako
Never ask legal advice from a police officer. Nothing against them, but they are just there to enforce them, not interpret them.

I would suggest you ask an attorney who specializes in firarms law. From what I understand, having an upper configured in SBR or AWB non compliance can be constructive intent.
By nvisn
The law doesn't matter. It's what they can make a jury believe.
By AgentP
nvisn wrote:The law doesn't matter. It's what they can make a jury believe.
Or what the internet/news told them!! Every handgun is a GLOCK right?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!