Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
As of 4/21/2012, Connecticut Carry no longer supports HB 5245. Our original support for this bill came due to the bill mostly being impotent and only having minor clarifying language. Upon reconsideration and careful examination, it was determined that this bill actually adds further restrictions to the permit process in Connecticut. Because of this, Connecticut Carry cannot stand in support of this bill.

Number 4 on the list of requirements reads:
(4) two sets of fingerprints for purposes of section 29-29.
CGS 29-29 reads:
(b) The local authority shall take the fingerprints of such applicant or conduct any other method of positive identification required by the State Police Bureau of Identification or the Federal Bureau of Investigation, unless the local authority determines that the fingerprints of such applicant have been previously taken and the applicant's identity established, and such applicant presents identification that the local authority verifies as valid. The local authority shall record the date the fingerprints were taken in the applicant's file and, within five business days of such date, shall forward such fingerprints or other positive identifying information to the State Police Bureau of Identification which shall conduct criminal history records checks in accordance with section 29-17a.
CGS 29-29 therefore is less restrictive than the proposed change. Currently, there is no need for fingerprint cards to be submitted with permit applications.

I regret that I allowed myself to be duped by this bill and voted to throw the support of Connecticut Carry behind this bill.

We will strive to more carefully consider future bills regardless of their source.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!