Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By Rich_B
GreggAndrews wrote: You ultra-right-wing-extremists make the rest of us look bad. Because of people like you, we all look like a group of para-military wannabe's, hell bent on terrorizing society... afterall, drinking & carrying guns is perfectly OK... wouldn't want to ruin our image as respectable gun owners afterall...
I am pretty far from right-wing. You should watch where you are throwing your insults around though.
The guy who doesn't pay attention to what he's carrying on his hip or in his waistband, doesn't have any place carrying a pistol. That is tantamount to me saying I shouldn't pay any attention to a knife.
You obviously don't understand what you are talking about. Some of us carry a firearm all the time. No one would ever get anything done if all our thoughts were on our firearms. A firearm in a holster forgotten about causes no one any harm, but since you think it is some magical sentient talisman I suspect you will never understand this.

I made my point clear. You made it clear you are anti-rights. Lets move on.
By Grouse
rich you are arguing with a kid who has spent soooooo many years caring concealed that it makes our experiences pale in comparison.

FWIW greg. he is not being extremist and resorting to name calling is childish. his point is they are putting more laws on the books, and they ARE not currently satisfying the laws they have. IE permit issuance. Follow that up with the fact that. SB64 IS currently in place in two separate laws. Which makes it superfluous. If those two laws are NOT sufficient then put a case forward showing how those laws are not working. Amend those laws to be sufficient.

Take a step back kid. Take a deep breath, No one here thinks having alcohol and guns is a good idea. No one wants to see any kind of tragedy on the news. The laws currently in place allow for auto fail at .1, the new law would be .08. That does not mean an officer could not get a conviction at .04. As i have said, i have done it in the past in a shit hole town in oregon. As for the keeping receipt, the state already requires you keep and submit transfer forms that contain all that information.
By Rich_B
Grouse wrote:rich you are arguing with a kid who has spent soooooo many years caring concealed that it makes our experiences pale in comparison.
Indeed. Sometimes I get lost in hope that we can fix this mess before he becomes a LEO like he intends to do.

With an attitude and complete lack of understanding of basic rights (and laws), it is bound to be a train wreck.
By Grouse
Hot headed, I know everything. I am smarter than the world if only they would do it my way.

we have all been there.
By hayes1966
I believe we should vote against this bill. I have no issues with the alcohol part of the bill but the other two sections are being put to to justify what the state dps has been doing for the past two years - collecting places of birth. It is not required by law and what purpose does it serve?

There are other laws on the books that address firearms and alcohol.
By GreggAndrews
rich you are arguing with a kid who has spent soooooo many years caring concealed that it makes our experiences pale in comparison.

Mind you, Rich is the same guy that explicitly believes that LEO's are SPECIFICALLY trained at their respective academies/POST units to flat-out LIE in order to get the answer they want from totally innocent people. That the only purpose of law enforcement is to run roughshod over the rights of EVERYONE, for the purpose of a national takeover somehow. (Conspiracy theories are awesome...)

I on the other hand, try to take the moderate approach to things. Am I anti-freedom? No.

But are we the only people on this planet? No.

Not everyone agrees with gun ownership or carry. But at the same time, we can work to do the SAME that the liberals have done to us; slowly erode our rights away. Rather than cut them off at the knees, dig out the ground from under them, destroying the foundation they've based everything they've done off of.

People are creatures that are easily frightened, and are at times highly irrational. When we go off & start making ourselves out to look like paramilitary wannabes & vigilantes, we only make ourselves look worse.

I don't like unnecessarily scaring the unsuspecting public.
By JohnFH
Rich is the same guy that explicitly believes that LEO's are SPECIFICALLY trained at their respective academies/POST units to flat-out LIE in order to get the answer they want from totally innocent people.
Rich has documentation that shows law enforcement is allowed to say things that are not true to get information and confesions. It is taught as an interigation technique, and is allowed by law.
That the only purpose of law enforcement is to run roughshod over the rights of EVERYONE, for the purpose of a national takeover somehow. (Conspiracy theories are awesome...)
Rich has documentation that shows it is not the job of law enforcement to protect the public, it is thier job to investigate crimes that have been committed. The Supreme Court has clearly ruled on this. Individual officers have taken it apon themselves to run "roughshod" over individual rights.
People are creatures that are easily frightened, and are at times highly irrational. When we go off & start making ourselves out to look like paramilitary wannabes & vigilantes, we only make ourselves look worse.
If by providing facts backed up by documentation makes us look like "paramilitary wannabees & vigilantes", I'm not sure what to tell you on that one.

The difference with your arguments is Rich has documentation to back up the facts, you have your opinion, with no documentation.

They do have treatment for the irrational fear of inanimate objects though.
By newguy
All i have to say is Winston Churchhill said it right Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which means you can have all the documentation you want. Doesn't mean the people who make the rules or who are supposed to enforce the rules are going to follow them.
By Rich_B
JohnFH wrote:The difference with your arguments is Rich has documentation to back up the facts, you have your opinion, with no documentation.
Ahh the ridiculous opinions of a statist 19 year old...
By Rich_B
newguy wrote:Doesn't mean the people who make the rules or who are supposed to enforce the rules are going to follow them.
In fact, the laws and rules are written specifically to exempt those in power. It is not exactly an intangible thing...
By Rich_B
SB 64 is not yet dead.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/PSdata/ca...01100PS-CA.htm

It will be heard in the committee meeting today. Write the public safety committee and urge them to stop this bill.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/Membe...p?comm_code=PS

Two main issues:

- The BAC is being lowered for no reason. There is no good to come of this.
- The bill gives the SPBI 60 days to complete background checks for Eligibility Certificates. It is only a matter of time before this becomes the rule for pistol permits. Background checks should be instant or inside of the FBI-promised 48 hours. We should strive for instant.

Connecticut Carry's email (pdf):
http://ctcarry.com/Document/Download...5-5cac065d4e77

More info on this sessions legislation:
http://ctcarry.com/Legislative/Session
By Rich_B
Just voted out of committee.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]