Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By PaiN
rigger7 wrote:How do I go about selling a pistol
out of state?
You(or your FFL) will ship the pistol to an FFL in the state the purchaser lives, that FFL will handle the transfer and paperwork on the buyers end.
If you use and FFL to ship all you need to do is give them the pistol, do the intake paper work and pay the fee + shipping(this can be expensive)
If you ship a handgun yourself make sure the receiving FFL accepts from an individual(non-FFL) and the pistol can not go via US Mail...A non-FFL must use UPS or Fed Ex to ship a handgun.
You must ask for a valid copy of the FFL's certificate you are shipping to and it must go to the address listed(some can e-mail it to you). The other option is to get the FFL's # then you can use the ATF's FFL EZCheck site to verify and print the FFL's info:
https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/
The only other thing you need is to make sure you include a copy of your CT drivers license and phone # for the receiving FFL's records. (Its also a good idea to include a note stating the name and phone # of the person the gun is going too)
By PaiN
PaiN wrote:
rigger7 wrote:How do I go about selling a pistol
out of state?
You(or your FFL) will ship the pistol to an FFL in the state the purchaser lives, that FFL will handle the transfer and paperwork on the buyers end.
If you use an FFL to ship all you need to do is give them the pistol, do the intake paper work and pay the fee + shipping(this can be expensive)
If you ship a handgun yourself make sure the receiving FFL accepts from an individual(non-FFL) and the pistol can not go via US Mail...A non-FFL must use UPS or Fed Ex to ship a handgun.
You must ask for a valid copy of the FFL's certificate you are shipping to and it must go to the address listed(some can e-mail it to you). The other option is to get the FFL's # then you can use the ATF's FFL EZCheck site to verify and print the FFL's info:
https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/
The only other thing you need is to make sure you include a copy of your CT drivers license and phone # for the receiving FFL's records. (Its also a good idea to include a note stating the name and phone # of the person the gun is going too)
By PaiN
ops.... :oops:

Well.....now you have twice the info :lol:
By hayes1966
While it is legal to ship a handgun directly to an out of state FFL dealer many of them won't accept shipment from an individual.

I use Joel Cramer to ship out handguns, he charges $25 to do the paperwork and he can ship it via the post office. Combined those fees are less than what FEDEX or UPS would charge to next-day it.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!