Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By bizkitjmd1
So I have a friend who has a piece of property that he wants to shoot on. One is 10 acres in Redding and the other is 15 acres in Danbury. Does anyone out there know or point me in the right direction of what is required to shoot on private property.

The last time a talked to a cop about it he said that the State requires minimum of 5 acres and you need to be at least 500 feet from the property line and any dwelling.

The last Google search I did resulted in not much help, I am computer retarted. Links would be great.

Thanks
By nvisn
I am no lawyer but those are the numbers I believe to be correct also. I have also heard that you require permission from the local fire authority.
By Rbadbadger
Well I had the same questions a week or two ago, So I called Western District DEP and there was a SGT. Schreider?? Who told me that as long as your town doesn't have a discharge ordanance, or you're not in city limits, as long as you your TARGET shooting only, all you need is to shoot into a safe direction with a safe built up backstop, no 500 ft rule or anything. Call and verify, but that's what he told me
By Jason
One of the key elements there is the discharge ordinance. Some towns simply don't allow it, regardless of space.

You'll probably want to speak with either an attorney or the local PD, though the latter could be a bit of an odd phone call depending on their position.
By Rbadbadger
Your best bet is to call the City Clerk, they'll tell you straight forward, they don't care one way or the other.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!