Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By jamesb
I've just read that Westfield mall in Trumbull has posted signs saying no firearms permitted. This is absolutely insane. The malls are one place I definitely don't feel comfortable NOT carrying. Especially after the "riot" in Trumbull and some robberies, which I believe some were armed robbery. With the amount of people in the mall not allowing to carry makes these places very unsafe!

I've contacted Westfield USA to find out their policy. If they really do not allow it, you can bet I will not be going to the mall until this changes.

To whom it may concern,

I am contacting you to find out your firearms policy in the Westfield Shopping Centers throughout Connecticut. Do you allow lawful citizens who are licensed by the state of Connecticut to carry firearms in your establishments? Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,
James
By SKSMAN
You know, I always kinda assume that carry was strictly verboten in malls here.
By Jason
AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGH. How stupid can you be?

This rule is perfectly fine as long as *Everyone* going through any door is scanned/checked for weapons.

I want to bang my head every time I read of a Gun-Free zone which has absolutely no security. Do they not know that mass murderers have deliberately targetted these types of locations specifically because they knew they would have no one fighting back?
By jamesb
I just went to Westfield mall in Milford today and read their "Code of Conduct". It definitely says no weapons, firearms, knives, etc. If anyone is caught violating their "Code of Conduct" they will be asked to leave the mall.

I feel if someone saw a gun, told a "security" guard, they would just call the cops. Same as if the guard saw it himself.

Won't be going there any longer and I'll let them know why when they email me back.
By PLO231
If you carry correctly, it will never be seen.
God forbid something were to happen and you need to protect yourself or someone else.
I'd rather deal with that "code of conduct" issue standing up on my own two feet then dead or wounded.
By jamesb
I got an email back from the general manager at Westfarms Mall up in Hartford to give him a call to discuss.

Don't know why he couldn't tell me in an email.
By hayes1966
Like the DPS, no one wants to go on record with what they say.
By Speedway
hayes1966 wrote:Like the DPS, no one wants to go on record with what they say.
+1
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!