Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
Does anyone happen to know where Senator John McKinney stands on the second Amendment? I read legislation he co-sponsored which would greatly affect hunters by raising fees...

I've supported this guy before ignorantly simply because he is Republican and we know each other, I've volunteered for his past election campaigns and a friend of mine now works for him, a former Chris Shays staffer...but

During this past Memorial Day Parade, John and Dan Caruso marched past us, I wore an NRA shirt which says "The Second Amendment, Americas Original Homeland Security", I yelled to him "PROTECT IT John", what was his reply? 'YOU MIGHT HAVE TO MOVE OUT OF STATE!"

No, I did not hear him wrong, what I wanted to hear was "I'm doing all I can" or at least a thumbs up.

I'm trying to find out exactly where he, and counless other Republicans and Democrats stand when a woman in her own home hears her back joor forced open, entering in a man with a gun, his intentions unknown, is she expected retreat to lock herself in a bedroom...maybe to protect her sleeping children only to delay a possible rape or violent robbery?

Or do these politicians think maybe a stun gun or pepper spray or steak knife could help her take a stand against an illegal gun and man twice her strength once he comes through the next door?

Or, should she make a stand with a legal firearm which she has taken a safety and self defense course for and has practiced with?

I say this to the good Senator;

"Senator McKinney, you tell me what you meant when you said I might have to move if I want to keep my family and home safe? You tell me! You tell me how that CT Physician feels today now that his beautiful family were murdered after hours of terror, then left to burn in their own home from two scumbags out on parole.

If they were pro gun rights citizens, maybe they'de be alive today? Just maybe Mr. McKinney.

Sir, you tell me if the tables would have been turned as a young mother and her innocent child were car jacked a few years ago in a Milford shopping center as he husband shopped.

Tell me, could things had been different if she had a safe, legal firearm with proper training as the large African American forced her to drive naked for miles, only stopping to endure hours of rape and beating as her child screamed in the back seat, thankfully able to escape with her child, running naked through the woods in the dark in Fairfield county, finally coming to a well lit home to bang on the door?

Tell me Mr. McKinney, have I made my point? If not, then, would the situation have been different for the innocent Fairfield Jewelers, the Donnelly's, God rest their souls...if they had believed in our Second Amendment and were able to make a stand against a drug addict? Haven't liberal Fairfielder's and CT residents and business owners learned from this?

No Sir! I for one will not move from this CONSTITUTION STATE, I will take a stand, with my voice, with my vote, as an activist for our sacred documents and honor the memories of untold sacrifice of so many brave. I encourage you and your fellow Congress persons and State Legislators to do the same. Learn the history of Fairfield and countless towns throughout our State where brave citizens fought back the British forces.

Connecticut, one of the ORIGINAL 13 COLONIES...Have you forgotten why? Have you forgotten, or maybe your liberal history teachers never taught you of the countless brave who sacrificed for our rights. Maybe the anti-legal-gun politicians will see in 2010 and 2012 how since last November especially, citizens now recognize exactly how vital these sacred documents really are to every one of us? Just maybe...we will see!

I am able to write this because of the countless sacrifices which continue today, defending my First Amendment."
By Wolvie56X
A mother bleeping MEN!!!
By guinness126
Yeah, how ironic is THAT..."Constitution State" and the stupid senators and legislators don't do ANYTHING but wreck our rights as citizens??

Whatever happened to "by the people, for the people"? :roll:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!