Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By penbeatssword
I just took my Pistol Safety course this weekend, and was all set to make my appointment to get fingerprinted and get my permit process rolling. I called my town PD today and was told there's a six-month wait to get fingerprinted for pistol permits!

Six months...is that even legal? Is this happening everywhere, or am I just unlucky enough to live here in Stratford?
By guinness126
did they offer a reason as to why they are so backlogged? I would find that out first.

I know that some towns have been taking an inexcusably long time to process everything, and have also been accused of being "over-thorough". But 6 months to just get fingerprinted? Wow.
By penbeatssword
They blame it on a huge demand, and being under-staffed. The detective was very friendly and sympathetic, saying they've raised the issue with the chief, etc.

I was speechless when he told me, since everything I've read has said it would likely take 3-8 weeks to process. Now they say it will be 6 months before I even get fingerprinted, then another 8-16 weeks to process after that.
By JohnFH
Find someplace else, yoo don't have to be fingerprinted in the town you live in.
Torrington is walk in between 10 and 2 any wed.
By hayes1966
I know that Cheshire will do the prints on a walk in basis on one day of the week, I think it is Monday but you could call.
By penbeatssword
I went up to DPS in Middletown, since I was in the area for something else today, and was able to get my prints done in 10 minutes. If the Stratford PD had said that was an option, I would've been mildly annoyed, but not upset. I'll make that suggestion when I call to cancel my October appointment with them.
By guinness126
Are you going to call the week of the appt. to let them know? :lol:
By djmiked
How about the day before? :lol:
By guinness126
I was figuring that they'd require a 24-hour notice period. I was being "nice". :lol:
By nyalex98
penbeatssword wrote:I just took my Pistol Safety course this weekend, and was all set to make my appointment to get fingerprinted and get my permit process rolling. I called my town PD today and was told there's a six-month wait to get fingerprinted for pistol permits!

Six months...is that even legal? Is this happening everywhere, or am I just unlucky enough to live here in Stratford?
Oh boy , my wife will never get hers :(
i got mine within one month, but hey that was last December.
Only in a quiet town of Stratford, "We Offer More Form Forest To Shore"
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!