News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

New CT Ammo laws go into effect October 1, 2013

Laws regarding firearms in Connecticut.

Moderators: Mopar, Moderators

Mopar
Expert III
Expert III

New CT Ammo laws go into effect October 1, 2013

Postby Mopar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 pm

DEMOCRACY is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY is when the lamb is armed. Join the Connecticut Citizens Defense League for FREE at http://www.CCDL.us

hayes1966
High Master II
High Master II

Postby hayes1966 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Are stores required to record what ammo was bought by whom?
NRA Certified Instructor - Si vis pacem, para bellum - http://www.ct-permit.com

CTSixshot
High Master II
High Master II

Postby CTSixshot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Any clue what the certificate will look like? I can see the application, but what constitutes a valid state-issued ammo permit that will be possessed by the permit holder? A photo permit similar to my CT Carry Permit, just marked ammo permit?

Mopar
Expert III
Expert III

Postby Mopar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:08 pm

I didnt notice any provisions (this time around) to record/send in the info, just verify the buyer is permitted.

I also don't know what the ammo permit looks like, but I suspect it doesn't have a photo. There doesn't seem to be any requirement to submit a photo with the application, or to have to apply in person so they could take a pic. Also, the new law requires someone making a purchase with the new ammo permit to also submit a govt-issued photo ID along with the ammo
permit. That requirement isn't there if you purchase ammo with any of the other levels of permit.

To be clear, if you already have a pistol permit, Certificate of Eligibility, or the new long gun permit, you dont need this ammo permit. This is really only for those people who already own guns and never intend to purchase another for the rest of their lives in CT. This permit lets them buy ammo and mags for their guns. Of course, there are an estimated 300,000+ people in CT who own at leat one gun and DONT have any form of permit.
DEMOCRACY is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY is when the lamb is armed. Join the Connecticut Citizens Defense League for FREE at http://www.CCDL.us

LTB45
Sharpshooter V
Sharpshooter V

Postby LTB45 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:10 am

I have seen the permit.
It looks a lot like a Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers.
There IS a picture on it.

Mopar
Expert III
Expert III

Postby Mopar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:05 am

LTB45 wrote:I have seen the permit.
It looks a lot like a Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers.
There IS a picture on it.

I did some checking, and you are correct. Even though the application implies it can be mailed in, you MUST submit the initial application in person at the Country Club Rd location in Middletown. Your photo will be taken at that time. I was also told you are not supposed to sign the application until you are in their presence (which is not mentioned anywhere on the application).

CTSixshot
High Master II
High Master II

Postby CTSixshot » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:19 am

Thanks.
At least I'll have some idea what to expect for those that have them. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been much the wiser.
G

downrange
Marksman I
Marksman I

Postby downrange » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:49 pm

I have a Ct. LTC.

I have two pending ammo mail orders arriving tomorrow 10/2 at my home via UPS and Fed Ex. One from Mayfield, Ky. and Anniston, Al. What are my odds of taking delivery now that this stupid law is in effect?
With Your Shield or On It

Hddreamer
Admin
Admin

Postby Hddreamer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 pm

I would put money on it you'll get them , after all you BOUGHT them before 10/1/2013
Lifetime NRA Member<div>CCDL Member</div>

The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes,
the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hayes1966
High Master II
High Master II

Postby hayes1966 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:55 pm

I don't see any issues.
NRA Certified Instructor - Si vis pacem, para bellum - http://www.ct-permit.com

downrange
Marksman I
Marksman I

Postby downrange » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:45 pm

gentlemen,

No issues with delivery.

What do you think of this new infringement. What the"tango foxtrot" does this have to do with public safety?
With Your Shield or On It

JohnB
Master II
Master II

Postby JohnB » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:14 pm

wait until down the line and they add a "suitability clause" to these new permits..thats when the real fun will start

Return to “Connecticut Legislation”