Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
I skills have been called upon to get a LPS scope to fit on a Romanian FPK Dragunov type. The rail on the rifle was not machined properly as far as the width of the dovetail and the stopping area where the pin rests on the front of the rail.

I had to machine the area in the front part of the rail to provide a good 90 degree stop for the pin. After machining that area I refinished it in the flat moly resin.

I had to remachine and open the dovetail on the LPS mount about .035" wider. It had to be just enough to slide on and not wobble. I removed the damaged stop pin, threaded the hole and put a set screw with turned end for the stops contact point. After that was completed I refinished it in moly resin too.

Then I remachined and stoned the locking clamp to provide a good surface for the clamp to apply consistent pressure on the rail. After assembling I put it on rifle for complete satisfaction. It fits like a glove!

Heres some pics......

Mount before machine and refinish

Optic on rail not hitting the pin stop in the front of the rail

Mount after machine and refinish

Completed rifle with optic mounted

Shot through the optic after setting up 100 meter zero checking the BDC on the elevation dial.
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ChrisNCT
Thanks.....
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!