Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
I was bummed when the trigger guard ear snapped off when taking the original one off to install a magpul version.

I was going to reweld it up but didn't think it would hold up so I machined a part to affix and remachined to fit.
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Drew
Great job. I think once it's refinished It might look ok, like it belongs on your special lower. "Modular Triggerguard ear"
By myglimk2
Chris, you do some nice work! 8)
By jkysmrf
Exceptional work. Sorry it had to happen, but well executed repair.
By GreggAndrews
Once again Chris, beautiful job, & well done.

I fully concede to your machining skill level. Excellent, excellent work. :)
By ChrisNCT
Well.... I didn't sleep last night so I took it apart and made to where I will be happy. That is the screw and pin is now under the grip where it wont be readily seen.

I applied lock tite on the screw to keep it permanent. I then applied jb weld over the screw, filled in the previous hole, filled it the joints where the 2 pcs come together so that you can't see the seam.

Once it is dry I will smooth it down so that it doesn't look like its there. I know that I will have to refill in the previous hole one more time. I want that to be solid and bonded pretty well before the moly resin goes on.

It sucks to wait now for drying but here it is before drying.....

Last edited by ChrisNCT on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!