Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By newguy
I got myself a heavy barrel to put into a Nagant receiver making this a project rifle. Will post photos of project as i go along. Got barrel off Classic arms. Will see how i do just need to pick up a beat up Nagant so i can use receiver. Have a synthetic stock for this bad boy should be a fun project.
By GreggAndrews
If you ever want to get rid of that barrel (it's going to be more involved than spinning into the reciever ring, obviously), let me know ASAP.

I have a lead on a Mosin... :wink:
By newguy
Ya i know most likely i am going to ruin old barrel taking it out the heavy barrel is all threaded and ready to go.
By GreggAndrews
newguy wrote:Ya i know most likely i am going to ruin old barrel taking it out the heavy barrel is all threaded and ready to go.
It still needs to be headspaced, and that's your biggest problem.

This being said, if the chamber is cut short, you can bring it out little by little with a chamber reamer, and go from there. You're going to need a set of headspace gauges, and the reamer itself, which will cost some bucks.

Trust me, if you ruin the barrel by untorquing it from the reciever, you've probably ruined the action by twisting it. :wink:
By newguy
In process of looking for a beat to hell Nagant 91/30 to use as a test subject lol. Even if the wood stock is cracked or has a chunk out of it and bore is crap doesn't matter just not looking to spend over 50 bucks
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!