Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By CTSixshot
Housatonic Valley Firearms LLC
331 Kent Rd
New Milford, CT 06776
860-355-0107

Anyone been up to this shop? I've driven by in a semi, but never had a place to park to go in.

They are supposed to be Class 3 with gunsmith services.

PaiN!
Let's check them out soon...when we do the Jolly Roger, Autum Gun Works and Armoury run, perhaps!
(seems as though JR and HV are open Th, Fr and Sa only. AGW may have restricted hours, too...I'll have to look them up b4 going).
By hayes1966
That is where I bought my Hakim. He attends most of the shows and Tom is a decent guy to deal with.
By CTSixshot
Fair enough. I'll have to stop in next time I'm up that way.

Sherrie: I guess he (HVF) can be added to your "Gun Shops" list, too.
By equality72521
Hmmm...
Well....

I've been there. Bought a handgun from "Good Ole Tom". He is extremely knowledgable and will talk your ear off, I'll give him that.

However, his prices are high and he gets a tad "grumpy" when you disagree with him. I dropped about $800 in his shop on a big mistake. When I realized it was a mistake about a month later, I wanted to work out a trade. I realized it was a used gun and knew I was going to take a beating...however, when he offered me $300 and basically told me to take a hike, I never went back. He's nice when you're buying, but don't come back with complaints, because he ain't listening.

BTW, if you guys are sweeping through on a gun run someday, let me know and I'll tag along.
By JohnFH
Don't forget:
The Semi Auto Gun Shop,
Rt44 (Main St.)
Winsted CT 06098
860 738 1600
By CTSixshot
JohnFH...that's a new one to me.
I'll give it a look next trip up that way.

Sherrie: here's another one to add to the "Gun Shops" list.
By Mike-Sid
I give "Good OLE Tom" of Housatonic Valley Firearms an A+++ I've been doing buisiness with him for years!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!