Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By JohnFH
Yes, I have no problem with that
By newguy
If i put a side mount on it would be as designed they put side mount scope mounts on these as snipers i may have to go that direction
By Mopar
newguy wrote:Bought some Generic blue locktite figured give that a shot.
What do you mean by generic loctite? Some off brand no name thread locker?
That may be problem 1.
Problem 2 may be a matter of proper prep. If the threads have any oils on them the thread locker may not adhere.
Problem 3 may be that it's just a crap mount :)
By newguy
Picked up a bottle of the stronger red one real locktite maybe that will work if not.gonna give up try a side mount and if that shakes loose then I am done and it will be up for.trade
By GreggAndrews
and if that shakes loose then I am done and it will be up for.trade
DIBS! :)
By Mike_Diako
They have tubes of "gun bolt" Loctite at Hoffmans. I saw it there the other day.
By newguy
I am gonna try red one if that don't work i am gonna pack it in. Not worth getting frustrated over
By Mike_Diako
The red Loctite is damn near impossible to get off once it has set. Keep that in mind. The only effective way that I have found it to apply heat.
By newguy
Then hopefully it won't back out the screws if it that tough i just keep getting upset everytime i go out and pony up some cash to go out to range i fire 20 rounds out the rifle and the dam mount loosens
By Mike_Diako
You could use the gun specific Loctite then stake the screws as well. Can you take a picture of the culprit screws so I can have a better understanding of what's going on? Red Loctite is generally only used if you never plan on taking those fasteners again. In this case I think a mild thread locker in conjunction with staking the screws would be ideal.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!