Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By jeff4570
Looking for a gunsmith or professional metal finisher to re-finish a 19th century revolver .
Originally nickel plated , want the same .

Jeff . East Haven CT
[email protected]
By JohnB
seems to be plenty of metal refinishers around...just depends whos gonna take it apart first, might be a 2 stage job, would be intresting to see how this pans out !
theres a guy at preferred manufacturing in north haven who has an FFL he comes to my place now and then, i could ask him if you want ?
By jeff4570
Yes , thanks . Im waiting on the gun in the mail from the auction , its one of two that came together . I suspect some of the parts (like hammer or trigger etc..) may not be plated , so Ill take it apart and do some preliminary cleaning and removal of the old finish myself .
I bought a Whitneyville 22 cal from the 1860's but it came with an old S&W early model pistol too , nickel thats very rusted , figure Ill restor that one .

Jeff
By CTSixshot
This isn't directly related to your query, but I was at Ron's in East Lyme this past weekend. They had tables with all sorts of hammers, springs, etc...
might not hurt to take a look. I have no idea what firearms any of these parts belong with.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!