News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Question, 1911

Keeping your firearms functioning properly and repairs

Moderator: Moderators

Socom
Sharpshooter IV
Sharpshooter IV

Question, 1911

Postby Socom » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Is there a gunsmith in the house ? What is the proper spring tention for a Colt Gold Cup National Match, .45 ACP is it 18 Lb.? and how often should they be changed ? Thank's

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:38 pm

recoil spring or trigger spring?

Socom
Sharpshooter IV
Sharpshooter IV

Postby Socom » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Sorry JohnFH; Recoil spring...
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:50 pm

18 is about the norm for most off the shelf, I have only replaced them to lighten them for bullseye, but if your having issues with it going into battery, it might be time.

Socom
Sharpshooter IV
Sharpshooter IV

Postby Socom » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Thank's JohnFH, Thats what i throught it was, No issuse that i know of, It's one of the ones i let my son use and i know i done did a work out on it befor I let him use it, Maybe getting close to needing a new barrel, befor the spring. I don't do bullseye any more, just combat. Thank's again 8)

Return to “Gunsmithing”