Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By djmiked
The other thing that I found will affect the bolt gap besides a worn trunion and rollers, is the bolt itself. I have a gun that I thought the trunion was worn in because I had to use plus 4 rollers in it. When I changed the locking piece this also affected the bolt gap. I then got a new bolt and put this in and the gun times out perfectly with standard rollers. The original bolt came from a parts kit. That bolt must have been in a gun that was pounded with zero bolt gap and it peened the inside of the bolt where the rollers go. The rollers had no place to go so they just started to peen the inside of the bolt.

Working with roller locked guns is a lot different than other types. I am just glad that changing the bolt worked in this case instead of having to have someone cut the old trunion out and reweld a new one in. That is major work!
By jeff4570
Well I got the #4 rollers and putthem on , also put on a soft plastic buffer pad behind the stock .
I gained about .02 more bolt gap so I think I need a bigger roller , do they make one bigger than a #4 ???

It shoots well now , I use my own hand loads but the Isreali military ammo works fine too with no adverse signs .

Got the original spanish wood and it fits perectly .
By djmiked
RDTS makes +6 and +8 rollers. They are the only ones that make them that big. You may also want to try a new bolt. The +8 and +6 rollers are expensive compared to factory +2 and +4 rollers. You can reach them at http://www.rdts.com .

What headstamp do you have on the Isreali brass? I found some in my brass piles and I am going to try and reload it. The stuff I have is TZZ 80.
By JohnB
how big are your groups now ?
By jeff4570
I haven't bench rested it but overall it shoots much better now that I have the new rollers and recoil buffer , still need a bit more gap , looking for a bigger roller or new block .
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!