News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

M&P 15-22 barrel nut

Keeping your firearms functioning properly and repairs

Moderator: Moderators

GerryB
Marksman V
Marksman V

M&P 15-22 barrel nut

Postby GerryB » Mon May 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Hey folks, I've been struggling with accuracy problems with my Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. After many wasted shots, range time, and 5 different scopes... After discussing it with my boss (a trained armorer), we have determined that the barrel nut is loose. I just ordered a wrench and vise jaws so I can attend to it. If you have one of these guns and you start getting flyers, check your nuts(so to speak) Mine was loose as a goose. Can't wait to get the tool and tighten that puppy up. Back to shooting 1/2 inch groups instead of 5 inch groups...

Gerry B

Shoot-Clean-Repeat!

RICH
Marksman II
Marksman II

Postby RICH » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:17 pm

You will prob have to remove front sight/gas block, and tube. Measure the tapered pins holding the gas block to determine the correct direction to drive out the pin. Note: Stag was reverse direction from all others I have removed.

GerryB
Marksman V
Marksman V

Postby GerryB » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:12 am

Rich, was your post referring to something else? Its just a castle nut to tighten on the M&P 15.-22.
Gerry B

Shoot-Clean-Repeat!

RICH
Marksman II
Marksman II

Postby RICH » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:03 am

Ahh .22. I was thinking barrel nut on AR. Carry on.

Return to “Gunsmithing”