Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By J
Cerakote or Duracoat? Im looking to add alittle color to some of my guns. If I go with Cerakote Im going to send it off to get professionally done. If I duracoat I plan on getting the shake and spray kit to do it myself. Any thoughts? Anyone have both types? Which one holds up better? Thanks.
By AGust82
I've got no experience with cerakote but I've worked with duracoat for a long time. Prep is huge. I mean really huge. The spray can will do for touch ups or just making something ugly half way decent. I'd get an airbrush setup if you're looking to make anything look good though. Areas that were prepped well will bond and wear unbelievable well. Areas that are tough to make smooth or are otherwise prepped poorly will chip off like krylon. There's an unbelievable amount of info out there for you to learn from. Read and watch youtube videos until your eyes hurt.
By jimwil
To be fir what if you will use Duracoat process and Cerakote process for a comparison that we might see hows the result.

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!