Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Clays, Trap, Skeet etc, all shotgun related queries and information.
By 870PMAX
Does anyone know a shooting range where I can pattern an HD shotgun with a 00 buckshot? It seems like everywhere I call, it's either birdshot or slugs.

Thanks in advance!
By JohnB
have you tried bluetrails range in wallingford ?
By 870PMAX
Yea, bluetrail allows only skeet/trap shooting and slugs :(
By JohnB
thats actually a good question.. i know you can shoot them on private ranges..but finding a public range.. i wonder if high rock will allow it ? i can find out tommorow
By 870PMAX
Thanks, I'd appreciate that!
By CTSixshot
Try the free public range in Glastonbury. They only allow paper targets, but I'm not sure if they limit shotgun loads. At least, give them a call b4 driving over there....
"The range will remain open through November 30, 2008 and will be staffed by seasonal DEP employees that are certified range safety officers.
...Only paper targets will be allowed and shooters should be reminded to bring eye and ear protection, which will be required at all times. Rifles, shotguns, pistols and muzzleloading rifles may be used, however fully automatic weapons are not permitted."
http://www.ct.gov/dEP/cwp/view.asp?A=2711&Q=412550

I actually called today (Monday 27 Oct), but the range staff don't work at the office during the week. The office had no idea as to ammo restrictions etc.
By mudge
CTSixshot wrote:Try the free public range in Glastonbury. They only allow paper targets, but I'm not sure if they limit shotgun loads. At least, give them a call b4 driving over there....
"The range will remain open through November 30, 2008 and will be staffed by seasonal DEP employees that are certified range safety officers.
...Only paper targets will be allowed and shooters should be reminded to bring eye and ear protection, which will be required at all times. Rifles, shotguns, pistols and muzzleloading rifles may be used, however fully automatic weapons are not permitted."
http://www.ct.gov/dEP/cwp/view.asp?A=2711&Q=412550

I actually called today (Monday 27 Oct), but the range staff don't work at the office during the week. The office had no idea as to ammo restrictions etc.
They've tightened their rules: slugs only.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!