Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Clays, Trap, Skeet etc, all shotgun related queries and information.
By SR9
jtf650 wrote:If you're shooting at Wolcott or Bristol and you'd like to try one, let me know. I can get up that way with a little notice. I wouldn't recommend the BT100 with its release trigger, but the other 3 are either pull triggers or can be easily converted. Come to think of it, Wolcott used to have loaners- an 870 and an 1100, I think. If they're still available, give 'em a try. Next thing you know, you'll be looking into reloaders and components and... Welcome to the asylum.
Thanks for the offer, appreciate that. I think my toy list will grow no doubt.
By JohnFH
I'm using an old Mossberg 500 with a 28" barrel, I shoot a full choke, but thats just what works for me, I average about 75% hits with it.

You get used to turming it a little and racking the slide back slow so the spent shell doesn't go flying.

Your welcome to join me on Sunday mornings for open trap
By newguy
Acouple photos of my 1958 JC Higgins 20 gauge bolt action made by High Standard with adjustable twist choke so no messing with barrel swapping and no plugging for hunting Total tack driver with slugs

By JohnFH
Looks a lot like my Mossberg 410 bolt, fun gun
By newguy
I love it shoots so good it spotless not a single dent or scratch on it. That sure does say something about old school craftsmanship. They took there time and it stands the test of time
By JohnFH
Some of my favorite guns are older than I am, and thats pretty freekin old.
By Mike-Sid
Vin,
For what it is worth, I've just started shooting trap also! I'm useing my new Rem 1187 Super Mag, it shoots up to 3 1/2" shells and has a 28" barrel. Of course I use 2 3/4" with 1 oz of shot. This is my new duck & goose gun.
I'm not new to shot gunning but have only shot trap a few times 15+ years ago. I've mostly went to blue trail, as we did last weekend and threw our own. This attaches to my trailer hitch, works great!

I plan to join the Trap league at SSA and have some fun, and become a duck's worst nightmare!
By SR9
Sounds great Mike! I worked the ATA match at WLOPA last weekend and enjoyed all the trap shooting. I tried it once as a guest of Ray C from NVPL and it was a lot of fun.

A good friend of mine in the FD has offered me his trap gun any time I want so I have hardware available, just gotta make some time and get some ammo.

Been busy at home lately.
By LTB45
SR9
I also shoot an 1100 for trap, thanks to Steve (as mentioned by Mopar)
I love the gun. It shoots better than I do and any gunsmithing that it has ever needed...I do myself!

The 1100 is a great gun for a new trap shooter. It is one of the softest shooting shotguns out there.

If you ever want to shoot a round with my gun at WLOPA, please do not hesitate to ask. I am there almost every Saturday and most Wednesdays, not too many Sundays during ATA season.
I can also bring my Mossberg 500 (I started shooting Trap with this gun) so that you can get a feel for that gun as well.
Send me a message and we can meet up there when you get the time.

I am not the best typer (slow) or Trap shooter, but I do really know the game and can help you get an idea of what you need to become just as addicted to this game as all those people that you saw shooting at WLOPA last weekend.

Lenny

Another thought, Trap is a 12ga game. It can be shot with a 20ga but it is not recommended
Last edited by LTB45 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
By SR9
Thanks LTB45, I will take you up on that. I am busy this Saturday and doubt I can get there before 3pm but there are more weekends to come. I will PM you when I can get there at a reasonable hour.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!