Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Clays, Trap, Skeet etc, all shotgun related queries and information.
By JohnFH
I think you need to put this all back in to context.

In the video, they discuss this was used before slugs pre 1930, so this also pre dates rifled slug barrels and removable chokes.

While cutting up ammo is never my first thought, I can easily see these passing through a smooth bore modified choke barrel with no issue.

And in the video, he clearly fires these without issue, but take note of the break open action and external hammers on the shot gun, I would guess it's an older model.

I carry a few slugs when I'm out bird hunting just on the off chance I meet something in the woods I'm not too happy about, but it's a nice trick to keep stashed in "just in case" file.
By GreggAndrews
Alright... I can get on board with that.

As an experiment, just now I took the hull, shot cup, and wadding, (after cutting it where the did). Using a .625'' dowel, I tried forcing it down the bore of my Featherlight (With the Modified choke in place).

That sucker really needed a lot of force to get through the last 5'' or so of the barrel.

I'll try it on one of my old break-opens a little later (20's-30's mfg.) and see if it's a little easier. I wonder if there is any set specification for boring shotgun barrels (past the chamber, anyway).
By Rbadbadger
I tried it out of a mossberg 500, Worked fine, Tried it several more times just seeing what happens, Not a god damn thing. But that may be just pure luck...
By CTSixshot
JohnFH...
...I'll second that!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!