News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Benelli Nova

Clays, Trap, Skeet etc, all shotgun related queries and information.

Moderator: Moderators

PaiN
High Master IV
High Master IV

Benelli Nova

Postby PaiN » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:51 am

This is what I traded the SU-16 for. I wanted a solid HD/SHTF weapon and quickly realized after buying the SU, even though it was a nice shooting rifle, it was not what I needed. After MUCH back and with a few different people and trade options, a deal was finally reached.
This is one has an 18.5" rifled barrel, mag extension, ghost ring sight and shell clip

Any suggestions or shotgunning advice for a newb?
What's a decent and inexpensive slug to use for practice at the range?

The Destroyer has arrived

"Even well-ordered republics are destined to decay into democracy and then into despotism." -Plato

rigger7
Marksman IV
Marksman IV

Postby rigger7 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Nice shotgun!Do you know the maker of the mag extension?I have a Super Nova with the pistol grip stock and I'm thinking about putting a extension on it.

AGust82
Sharpshooter IV
Sharpshooter IV

Postby AGust82 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Are you sure it has a rifled barrel?

If so, you just locked yourself in to some expensive ammo. The only thing you should be firing out of a rifled barrel is saboted slugs, which run 12-15 bucks for a box of 5, on the low end. That's usually a feature of deer hunting shotguns, not HD guns. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure buck or bird shot will come out of that barrel spinning in a very wide circle, not good against humans. (think shooting at a goose flying 200yds in the air.)

sjcolwell2
Sharpshooter III
Sharpshooter III

Postby sjcolwell2 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 pm

I would get a non rifled barrel , then you can shoot what ever you want thru it.
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush<br><br>Certified NRA Instructor<br>NRA Life Member

Return to “Shotgun”