Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Clays, Trap, Skeet etc, all shotgun related queries and information.
By Mike-Sid
I'm looking for some lead shot for reloading. Anyone know who has the best price? I normally load 7 1/2's but would settle for 8's
By jtf650
Gamaliel's free shipping deal doesn't include shot, wads, or shotgun target ammo. Your link shows $13 shipping if you buy 2 bags at $45 each, or $51.50 per bag, which probably ends up pretty close to what Cabela's (or any other retailer, for that matter) has it for, if they have it in stock. Unless you belong to a club that orders components directly from a distributor and charges no markup, I don't think you'll find many deals on shot.
By Mike-Sid
Thanks guys. I just spoke to a guy at a club in Southington, looks like I'm going to jump on a group buy with them.......My new 9000hn is hungry! This press is amazing! I'm really getting hooked on trap shooting. I joined ATA for the heck of it too. What next???? A "real" trap gun??
By CTSixshot
If over in the Warwick area, check out that gold and coin shop (Heritage), as well as D&L is it?
http://heritagegunandcoin.com/
http://dlshootingsupplies.com/
I know Heritage used to carry a bunch of shotshell reloading components. All it takes is a phone call b4 wasting your fuel.

Heck, even the OSB Wal-Mart was carrying shot, but it wasn't a bargain at $49 or so. Hasn't been in stock since Obama was coronated...
By Mike-Sid
Thanks but I'm in Oxford. With my truck RI would be an easy $50 in gas plus 3 hours or more of my time. I'm going with the local club group buy
By CTSixshot
Mike-Sid wrote:Thanks but I'm in Oxford. With my truck RI would be an easy $50 in gas plus 3 hours or more of my time. I'm going with the local club group buy
Agreed!
Group mail-order is usually the best deal if you can find some like-thinkers...
By LTB45
Mike-Sid wrote:Thanks guys. I just spoke to a guy at a club in Southington, looks like I'm going to jump on a group buy with them.......My new 9000hn is hungry! This press is amazing! I'm really getting hooked on trap shooting. I joined ATA for the heck of it too. What next???? A "real" trap gun??
WELCOME to the ATA!!
Hopefully you will be at the many ATA shoots in CT next year.
A real Trap gun will call to you soon!!
What are you using now?
By Mike-Sid
I'm just shooting my duck gun, a Remington 11-87 Super Mag 3 1/2" or some times a Benelli SBE II. But if all goes well I'm buying one of these http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =380320156 I started out thinking I need just a basic BT 99.....now I'm convinced I need a ported barrel and silver engraved receiver. I'm getting hooked bad!
By LTB45
That is a beautiful gun!
But honestly you could save a bundle by getting the standard BT.
The wood will not be as nice and you wont have a silver receiver but being a new Registered Trap shooter it will still give you YEARS of excellent shooting and if you change your mind about Trap or the gun, you will always be able to get your money back.

Oh and ported barrels are not needed. Having been blasted on the line numerous times by someone's ported barrels blow off in the face, SUCKS.

I might also offer that as a new shooter you may consider shooting Doubles some day and if you start off with a double barrel trap gun then you are ready for that day. The Browning XT Trap is a great gun for that.
Just some food for thought.

If you have any questions regarding the game or the ATA or the CTA please dont hesitate to ask.
Helping promote the sport is something that I am always willing to do.
By Mike-Sid
Thanks for the good advice. I don't think I'll have the extra cash for the fancy BT 99 so I might end up getting a standard one, which is a nice gun. As far as doubles. ..well by then I'll have to get another gun! Great excuse to buy another gun.
:lol:
By LTB45
I spent 4 years shooting ATA with a 1966 Remington 1100.
I won Trophies and MONEY with that gun. It died last year after who knows how many rounds through it.
Bought an old used receiver to replace it. Got a week out it it.
Said screw it and got a NIB plain BT-99 and never looked back. They are the best Trap gun for the money.
You really wont be disappointed.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!