News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

JohnFH...for you!

Shooting the old style way

Moderator: Moderators

CTSixshot
High Master II
High Master II

JohnFH...for you!

Postby CTSixshot » Tue May 12, 2009 6:29 pm

http://www.n-ssa.org/join.html

Be sure to watch the video, too!

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Tue May 12, 2009 7:53 pm

ok, where can we get cannon balls :D

GreggAndrews
High Master II
High Master II

Postby GreggAndrews » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Wait, this is cool.

And if my rig works, soon I'll be able to smelt scrap iron. 8)
Sometimes you just have to Cowboy Up.

Mopar
Expert III
Expert III

Postby Mopar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:54 pm

My dad recently retired from competing in this. Their semi-annual national events down in Winchester, VA are a sight to behold. In the past I'd thought a little about joining a team here in CT, but didnt give it a lot of thought because A: it's fairly expensive start up unless the unit has loaner gear (you must have full, historically correct and n-ssa approved uniform and shooting gear), B: it requires a fair amount of commitment and travel; and C: My dad is in NJ which competes in a different region then CT does, so we'd only shoot on the line together at the nationals.

Last time I looked it was a little tough to even figure out if there was a team nearby. See, each team "recreates" a real civil war regiment. USUALLY they pick a locally mustered unit; ie the 11th NJ Volunteers is based out of NJ, but technically that doesnt have to be the case. A team named after a CT unit can technically be located anywhere in the country. Many of these teams have a modern history going back 25-35yrs, and some team mambers going back almost as far, so in general they arent very internet savy. Many teams dont have a website, and if they do, it looks like it hasnt been updated since 1996. If anyone decides to follow up on this, I'd love to have a better idea of what's going on with the N-SSA here in CT.
DEMOCRACY is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY is when the lamb is armed. Join the Connecticut Citizens Defense League for FREE at http://www.CCDL.us

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm

I need a cannon so bad

Mopar
Expert III
Expert III

Postby Mopar » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:03 pm

DEMOCRACY is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY is when the lamb is armed. Join the Connecticut Citizens Defense League for FREE at http://www.CCDL.us

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Yeah, I have it book marked, as soon as I win the lottery

Return to “Blackpowder”