Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By jamesb
I have a strong urge for these. Just got this one in today.

Uberti El Patron CMS 3.5" .357

I'm waiting on another Uberti El Patron 4.75" and an EMF Great Western II Custom Express 4.75" which has case color hardening done by Doug Turnbull. I'm also considering a USFA SAA .45 Colt to round out the collection.
By JohnB
awesome
i have a colt new frontier .22 and love it, also 2 ruger single actions, 1 in .22 and the other in .357, i was at cabelas today and saw that uberti sells a .22 saa
By MessEleven
Very nice! I've been wanting an SAA for a long time. Have you shot it yet?
By jamesb
Haven't shot it yet. Hitting High Rock Saturday morning.
By newguy
What model was that Single action S&W Break action that Clint Eastwood used in all those Spaghetti Westerns. Just curious if anyone knew. I think it be neat to own even a replica model.
By jamesb
Working on getting this... the reserve is set at $1,500 and just wondering if I want to go all in.

USFA .45 Colt w/ Ajax sambar stag grips, supposedly with an action job by Bob Mundin before he passed.

By jamesb
Well didn't go for the one above...bought a real pony! :lol:

By Mike-Sid
Nice gun, Love the case hardening
By jamesb
Just picked up my EMF Great Western II Custom and holy crap is it sweet! The wood grips are incredible as is the color case hardening done by Doug Turnbull. After seeing both real color case hardening on the EMF and the fake CCH on the Uberti there is really no comparison. I hope my Colt is as nice as the EMF.

Few quick shots with the iPhone.

By XM15
Very cool looking! Have fun! :)
By MessEleven
How does that bird's head grip feel in the hand?
By jamesb
MessEleven wrote:How does that bird's head grip feel in the hand?
Surprisingly very nice! I still like the standard grip, but this birds head grip (EMF calls it the Express grip) is very comfortable and I have pretty big hands. It will be interesting to see the difference between grips when shooting.
By MessEleven
jamesb wrote:
MessEleven wrote:How does that bird's head grip feel in the hand?
Surprisingly very nice! I still like the standard grip, but this birds head grip (EMF calls it the Express grip) is very comfortable and I have pretty big hands. It will be interesting to see the difference between grips when shooting.
I've never shot one, but I do know that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. :lmao:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!