Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By jamesb

Just picked mine up tonight after thinking about it overnight. I'm impressed so far just handling it. Really looking forward to getting some ammo through it at some point this week. Few things I like so far:

-Very close in size to my PPS 9mm.
-Weight feels slightly less than the PPS.
-Trigger pull and reset is much better right out of the box than the PPS.
-Love the Fiber optic front sight.

After reading a bunch of reviews and handling it yesterday I knew I needed to add one to the safe. I've loved my PPS since I bought it and it has been 100% flawless for me. As soon as I saw the XDs I lusted after one. Just happened to check out a shop and they had one in the case. I've never been a huge fan of the XD lineup, but after actually looking at the XDs I was impressed. If it shoots as nice as it looks and feels then it is most definitely a winner!

By PaiN
That is one tiny .45auto....its got to be a breeze to carry.
Let us know how it runs
By jamesb
I will see soon. I just ordered a HarWell Holster on ebay. Just like this, but tan. I've read good things about them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Springfield-XD- ... 3cc9b3de9d

Also ordered 2 seven rounders from Joe Bob's Outfitters to increase capacity some. They are offering a discount of 5% for members of the Snipers Hide Forum.
By GixerJockey
FYI...

I've got four more over at NGX. Just sayin...
By BigJonBoy
Are all of the xd models single stack?
By jamesb
BigJonBoy wrote:Are all of the xd models single stack?
No. The XDs (as shown) is the only single stack XD. This is one of the smallest, slimmest, 45 semi autos i've seen.
By PaiN
Do you worry about shooting .45acp from such a short barrel? I've seen testing and some of the .45 HPs really had trouble expanding at the lower velocities.
By XM15
GixerJockey wrote:FYI...

I've got four more over at NGX. Just sayin...
I've done my part to reduce the population of XDs at NGX. :wink:

I love the 5.25 I bought from you guys. Can't wait to get out with it again.
By GixerJockey
PaiN wrote:Do you worry about shooting .45acp from such a short barrel? I've seen testing and some of the .45 HPs really had trouble expanding at the lower velocities.
Speer Gold Dot "short barrel pistol"...

They make a specific ammo for BUG guns.
By jamesb
GixerJockey wrote:
PaiN wrote:Do you worry about shooting .45acp from such a short barrel? I've seen testing and some of the .45 HPs really had trouble expanding at the lower velocities.

This. I'm also going to try out some standard 230gr Federal HST's in it to see how it performs.
By PaiN
jamesb wrote:
GixerJockey wrote:

This. I'm also going to try out some standard 230gr Federal HST's in it to see how it performs.
I was unaware Speer made an "SB" loading in .45acp...
Speer's data for this load is based on a 4" barreled .45...minus much for the shorter 3.3" of the XDs. Interestingly enough, Speer's 9mm+P "SB" fired from a 3.5" barrel has more muzzle energy and much less drop than the .45"SB"
http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/ammo.aspx
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!