Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By Mike_Diako
I've had some Kydex laying around for a while and decided that I would swing by Tandy leather to pick up a couple things.

I never realized how close they were to me. About a 15 minute drive to Main Street in East Hartford.

I picked up a sheet of leather, some Chicago screws and some belt clips. I picked up enough material to make about 4 holsters.

Here's the end result, I still may trim some more leather and shape the body side a little more.

By myglimk2
Looks good!
How did you form the front sight channel?
I taped a pen to the slide during the molding process. :lol:
By Mike_Diako
I taped a piece of small wooden dowel between the sights.
By PaiN
Wouldn't the gun be more secure if you just molded the front sight into Kydex?

:lol:
By myglimk2
It would, but then good luck trying to draw. Or even holstering it for that matter. The first one I did the (empty) pistol got stuck in it. :lol:
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote:It would, but then good luck trying to draw. Or even holstering it for that matter. The first one I did the (empty) pistol got stuck in it. :lol:
amature :P
By AGust82
Nice job. You got the belt clips at Tandy too? How's the quality of them?
By Mike_Diako
Thanks, yes I got the clips from there as well. They seem to be pretty good quality. They are quite springy and don't feel like they are going to bend out.

Here's a couple IWB mag carriers I made today as well.

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!