Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By RafMan
So I bought this Walther TPH with the plan of giving it to my wife, but I like it so much I am severely tempted to keep i for myself! At least until I can find a German made blued version at a reasonable price.

It truly is a pocket gun. Weighing in at just over a pound loaded it is easy to forget it is there. And being shorter that a bill, it fits easily int my pocket (in a pocket holster, of course).

It really is smaller than my hand.

And I added the Hogue rubber grip to remind me to keep only a low, two finger grip on it so that my chunky hand doesn't get bit by the slide.

Mini Ammo Review
I read the TPH was ammo picky, so I bought up a bunch of different types and visited the range to test.

First up was the tried and true , always reliable CCI Mini Mags, 40 grain round nose. As expected 10 flawless rounds in a row.

I then decided to try the cheap Federal 550 value pack, 36 grain copper plated Hollow point . To my pleasant surprise, once again a perfect 10 for 10.

I decide to then push my luck and try ammo I didn't think would work, CCI Quiet-22 40 grain round nose. All 10 round failed to eject. Just not enough uumph to operate the slide. Very quiet though.

I moved on to Federal Champion, 40 grain solid lead. I was disappointed to have 6 of the 10 rounds fail to eject.

Next was Remington 22 Thunderbolt, 40 grain round nose. 9 of the ten rounds went fine, but 1 round failed to feed.

Winchester Super-X T22 target, 40 grain up next. 7 of the 10 went well. 2 of the 10 failed to eject the spent casing, and 1 round failed to feed. Very disappointing.

The last type I tried was American Eagle, 38 grain copper plated hollow point. 9 of the 10 rounds went fine, but one round failed to feed properly.

I was so surprised at the flawless performance of the Federal 550 bulk pack, I decided to try 10 more rounds now that the pistol was a little more dirty. Bu once again, it went 10 for 10.

So for now, it looks like it will be CCI for carrying and Federal Bulk for practice.

I hope to find some Aguila SSS 60 grain locally to test. Just thinking that if it works well, a 60 grain bullet with a tendency to tumble may work better for self defense. But I don't want to spend a load of cash on shipping just to buy 1 box and find that it doesn't work in the pistol.
By myglimk2
That second to last pic I was expecting to see the "shocker". :lol:

Nice gun too. :wink:
By RafMan
myglimk2 wrote:That second to last pic I was expecting to see the "shocker". :lol:
LMAO! :lol:
By kayakdave
myglimk2 wrote:That second to last pic I was expecting to see the "shocker". :lol:

Nice gun too. :wink:
Me too! HaHa!!!
By punisher
You guys are absolutely sick but do have a point
:wink:
Nice pistola
By punisher
The little hook i mean trigger is for foreplay :P
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]