Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By myglimk2
nvisn wrote:FYI rifle range is closed for silhouette shooting Sunday.
Service rifle? :twisted:
By nvisn
I'll have this out Sunday

Jeff. Service rifle is the 29th
Last edited by nvisn on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PaiN
Very clean setup SR9... the Strikefire is a great dot.
Sorry I'll have to miss the WLOPA Silhouette match Sunday I had a great time at the last shoot.
btw: The BSA Sweet22 is a good optic for silhouette shooting, besides being very crisp and clear(for its price) the calibrated elevation turret really works well. Pick the cap for your bullet weight, sight in at 50yrds, lock the knob on the 50 mark...then all that needs to be done for spot on shooting is to adjust the turret to whatever yardage being shot.

By SR9
Thanks Pain. I am enjoying the AR a lot. Nice with a red/green dot on it too.
I am looking into a bit more to change just for fun but that will be all for now. Maybe a different hand guard and pistol grip or something.

The BSA Sweet22 is the scope I am planning on for my 795. I am going to change the stock as well. Looking at something from Boyds. It is time for a make over for the 795ss.
By PaiN
SR9 wrote: The BSA Sweet22 is the scope I am planning on for my 795. I am going to change the stock as well. Looking at something from Boyds. It is time for a make over for the 795ss.
Make sure whatever scope you get for the 795 you get this to mount it:
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Leapers_A ... vetail/805
The M60/795 is notorious for "creeping" scopes. You'll never have a problem using the Accushot.
By Hddreamer
This may be a stupid question but I've been into pistols as long as I've been shooting and now a s&w mp15-22 cought my attention and some things I don't understand About pre-band requirements etc
Is there anywhere I can catch up on this stuff . I noticed the butt stock is pinned and it's illegal to take pin out and keep it out so you can adjust it ,, why?
This is the type of info I'm lookin for
Thanks in advance!
Paul
By myglimk2
Link:
http://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/Chap9 ... 3-202a.htm
Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definition. (a) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, "assault weapon" means:

(1) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol;

(2) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

(3) Any semiautomatic firearm not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection that meets the following criteria:

(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A bayonet mount;

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

(v) A grenade launcher; or

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or

(C) A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and

(iv) An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

(4) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

(b) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, the term "assault weapon" does not include any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable.

(P.A. 93-306, S. 1; P.A. 01-130, S. 1.)

History: P.A. 01-130 amended Subsec. (a) to delete reference to Sec. 53a-46a(h), make technical changes in Subdiv. (2) and add Subdivs. (3) and (4) re physical characteristics criteria applicable to definition of "assault weapon" and amended Subsec. (b) to delete reference to Sec. 53a-46a(h).

Cited. 234 C. 455. Cited. 242 C. 143.

Defendant's conviction under Sec. 53-202c did not violate his due process rights because, as a matter of law, a Maadi MISR is an "assault weapon" as defined in section. Defendant's due process rights were not violated by trial court's not concluding section is vague as applied to circumstances of his case. 93 CA 129.
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Thanks !!!!!
It's a load of crap if you ask me or anyone else for that matter, but it's the law. :roll:
By nvisn
I just converted my M&P Sport to a milspec A3 upper. Can I still post here?
By PaiN
nvisn wrote:I just converted my M&P Sport to a milspec A3 upper. Can I still post here?
Let's see it..... and get your pics proper sized :? I know you of all peeps have the technical know-how.....I HATE having to side scroll to read a thread
Last edited by PaiN on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hddreamer
Ok, two things stand out that are confusing to me(actually most are but anyway) one is the folding or telescopic stock second is the flash suppressor
basically i and iv I see these all the time , I'm not sure if the stocks are pined but the suppressors are on most ARs I see
Am I not reading the requirements correctly?
Can anyone clearify this for me?
Thanks , Paul
By PaiN
Hddreamer wrote:Ok, two things stand out that are confusing to me(actually most are but anyway) one is the folding or telescopic stock second is the flash suppressor
basically i and iv I see these all the time , I'm not sure if the stocks are pined but the suppressors are on most ARs I see
Am I not reading the requirements correctly?
Can anyone clearify this for me?
Thanks , Paul
Basically, the "named weapons" in the first paragraph of the law are completely banned.
Beyond that post-ban, semi-auto long guns have to conform to the AWB, by not having more than two of the listed "evil" features. Specifically to the AR platforms, since they have a "pistol grip" and "detachable magazine" in order to be in compliance with the law in CT ARs need have to have, no bayo lug, a permanently attached brake or no muzzle device and a non-collapsible/folding stock.
If for instance a weapon like the stock Mini-14 Tactical has no pistol grip, then it can have one of the other "evil" assault weapon features, ie the flash hider it comes with.
By nvisn
PaiN wrote:
nvisn wrote:I just converted my M&P Sport to a milspec A3 upper. Can I still post here?
Let's see it..... and get your pics proper sized :? I know you of all peeps have the technical know-how.....I HATE having to side scroll to read a thread
Don't get mad at me. I uploaded that from my iPhone. :evil:

Without any further ado I present my former M&P "Sport" - Now in Milspec!

DTI A3 Upper with M4 ramps.

And in 22LR configuration -

S&W "Sport" upper, CMMG Stainless Bolt, CMMG .22LR AR barrel, Freefloat Quad Rail
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!