Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
At least three of us have them and I know more are out there or will be ......So here's the place to show them off :)

Stock pic for starters:

By newguy
Those look real nice and for the price how can ya beat it
By AGust82
My 'ode to Full Metal Jacket' frankenrifle is built on an M&P15 lower. Close enough.
By nvisn
I bought mine while drunk on tacti-kool aid. I brought it home and did this to it:

I have since taken off all the magpul stuff and put on a pair of A2 glacier guards, and ordered an A2 stock and an A2 carry handle sight. I'll have them Tuesday.

What are everyone's thoughts between putting on the A2 stock versus leaving on the 6 position style?
By nvisn
PaiN wrote:Stock pic for starters:

Looks like more than a "stock" pic, looks like the whole rifle.
By SR9
AGust82 wrote:My 'ode to Full Metal Jacket' frankenrifle is built on an M&P15 lower. Close enough.
Very nice, I do like the classic look too. Newguy, I agree. Hard to beat that deal and it came with 2 additional 30 round Pmags.

Great shooter too, was hitting the plate and pins out at 100 yards off hand better than I do with just about any other rifle I have with open sites.
By newguy
Maybe next year for me. Was hard for me to pass up that deal with 2 extra mags but. I needed reloading equipment more so it was a toss up. Hope i decided right l :lol:
By PaiN
SR9 wrote: Great shooter too, was hitting the plate and pins out at 100 yards off hand better than I do with just about any other rifle I have with open sites.
True, the Sport is a rifle that feels great and lends too shooting well. I shot the rifle better the first time out with it than any rifle I've shot in a long time.
I knew you would like yours ;)
By PaiN
nvisn wrote: What are everyone's thoughts between putting on the A2 stock versus leaving on the 6 position style?
I always liked the retro looking ARs. I'll have to see your build all together before I comment but it does sound good so far :)
By SR9
Yep, sure do. Glad you guys talked this deal up, somehow I missed the email on this sale.

nvisn, I like the AR set up in a lot of different ways. No matter what you do I am sure it will be great. Make it the way you like it and post a pic.

I am looking at red dots from some of the suggestions i got. should pick one out soon.
By PaiN
I'm slowly getting my Sport together. I didn't have a theme in mind but built it with the emphasis on function(except for one small addition I got from nvisn....I did mostly for looks ;) ) and low cost. The optic(not the M-223 from the other thread) will be here tomorrow...I'm waiting on the nvisn's part and one small thingy I realized I needed last minute. Then its a wrap.
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:I'm slowly getting my Sport together. I didn't have a theme in mind but built it with the emphasis on function(except for one small addition I got from nvisn....I did mostly for looks ;) ) and low cost. The optic(not the M-223 from the other thread) will be here tomorrow...I'm waiting on the nvisn's part and one small thingy I realized I needed last minute. Then its on to the classifieds.
Fixed that for you! :wink:
By nvisn
myglimk2 wrote:
PaiN wrote:I'm slowly getting my Sport together. I didn't have a theme in mind but built it with the emphasis on function(except for one small addition I got from nvisn....I did mostly for looks ;) ) and low cost. The optic(not the M-223 from the other thread) will be here tomorrow...I'm waiting on the nvisn's part and one small thingy I realized I needed last minute. Then its on to the classifieds.
Fixed that for you! :wink:
That's not nice! Mike and I will NOT be selling these rifles - EVER!

I almost got this with a straight face. :lmao:
By myglimk2
:lol:
With all the great reviews on this rifle I am almost tempted to get one.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!