Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By myglimk2
Chris, that is some excellent work! Keep it up! 8)
By ChrisNCT
I just finished the rail so all is left is the stud slot, machine a locking knob, machine the locking latch slots in the rail and machine a locking latch.
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mike_Diako
This may be a stupid question but since it's a homemade lower is it subject to any AWB laws? I have been seriously considering buying an 80% lower.
By ChrisNCT
Yes it is effected by any AWB laws.

The law states ANY the word ANY before 1994 are preban. So all others are postban.

So I cannot put a bayonet lug, flash hider or collapsing/folding stock.

I don't have any plans to put any of those features on this gun. It is going to have a muzzle break, custom gas block with slots for mounting the fake suppressor.

By ChrisNCT
I put the hole in the stock and affixed the bushing with epoxy inside and out. The bushing is machined to guide the rails and sites in the rail slot nicely. Now all the is left is the Resident Evil Umbrella Knob,add a threaded stud, machine the slot in the guide rail and the nut on the back.

My endmill broke putting slots in the umbrella design so I will be changing it over the the same 60 degree cutter that I used on the buttpad. i think a V groove would look better than a slot anyways.
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ChrisNCT
Now all that I need to do is blast it and finish the whole setup black.

The umbrella corp knob came out pretty well. The stock buttpad locks down nicely with it.
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ChrisNCT
With my incoming forgings I was toying around with the HAAS VF4 mill today with engraving.

I wrote the program to put safe,semi,burst and auto. I have to reduce the font size as they came out .125 tall. I want the font size to be about .080 to .090 tall.

I may try some zombie markings and some other stuff as I machine them.

By Hddreamer
awesome job Chris ! keep up the great work!
By AgentP
Um.....hot chick with gun in background!!
By ChrisNCT
That would be the burst function....lol
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!