Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By ChrisNCT
I have them almost completed. Just tapping the buffer tube hole that's already reamed and parts go in.

Gonna be fun with completed lowers sittin in safe until I put uppers on them.

Image[/code]
By GreggAndrews
NICE WORK!!!

I'll have to nab the prints off of you sometime... that is, when I unf*ck my Bridgeport. :evil:
By myglimk2
Looks great, Chris! 8)
By GixerJockey
You're manufacturing these yourself? What are the legalities involved in that?
By GreggAndrews
GixerJockey wrote:You're manufacturing these yourself? What are the legalities involved in that?
None whatsoever, provided you don't sell it, transfer it, etc.

As long as you don't transfer it to someone else, you're good. :)
By nvisn
GreggAndrews wrote:
GixerJockey wrote:You're manufacturing these yourself? What are the legalities involved in that?
None whatsoever, provided you don't sell it, transfer it, etc.

As long as you don't transfer it to someone else, you're good. :)
+1

Are you going to laser engrave this?
By myglimk2
Where could I pick up a blank receiver?
By ChrisNCT
Yep, I am manufacturing them for myself. I will be keeping all of them so it is legal as long as you dont sell, give them away or loose any of them.

I will be serial numbering them as well. I plan to make some zombie lowers that may have the umbrella copr logos and what not. IDK we'll see.

I am using a HAAS VF-4 CNC Machining center with an engraving tool to do all the engraving. The machines macros will let me number them in series with any type of characters, sizes etc.

As far as a blank receiver. I would recommend going with a 80% lower. It just makes things allot more easily done.
By glock23headup
That looks flippin amazing. Nice work
By punisher
Agreed +1
Very nice indeed
By endofdays
I NEED to learn how to do this. That looks great !
By ChrisNCT
Got the buffer Tube threading done.

This build will be a duplicate of the Knights M110 in FDE color with adjustable A2 buttstock. I will be machining parts and modifying the A2 stock to allow a buttpad to be moved for little adjustment.
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ChrisNCT
I have machined the buttpad and checkering. I will be thinning it down a bit once I machine the buttpad rail.

Now I have to get to work on the rail, bushing, knob lock mechanism.

Soon..I see the end up ahead.
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By GreggAndrews
You sir, are very, very talented.

Very, very nice. 8)
By ChrisNCT
GreggAndrews wrote:You sir, are very, very talented.

Very, very nice. 8)
Thanks.... my last employer didn't seem to think so.

I was planning to go with a FDE color on entire rifle in the M110 pattern but more I m thinking about it....The Walking Dead season is coming soon so I opt for making a M110 pattern with umbrella logo on magwell, t virus canister engraved where semi markings is and couple of t virus canisters where full marking is. Go all black. Not sure yet.

Here's what I did today. I machined the sliding rail partway. It still needs cross slot for lock mechanism and slot in the middle for cross bolt.

Soon I will be machining a knob to look like the umbrella corp logo for the stock locking mechanism and adding a threaded stud, then making a cross nut for the notches. Once all that is done I will cut out the plate that the sliding rail slides in. Then I will have to add rail re-inforcements inside the stock that take up space for the rail, threaded stud, knob to lock secure when the knob is turned.
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!