Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By Mopar
Just got back from vacation last night. Besides spending a week and 1/2 riding motorcycles around New Hampshire and Maine, I found time to finally buy a gun I've wanted forever. Check one off the grail gun list!

That's a 1920s German Mauser C96 Bolo, aka the "broomhandle", aka Han Solo's blaster.
By myglimk2
That's sweet! 8)
By CTSixshot
Nice! Some time back I saw a Chinese .45 ACP version at that shop along Rt 80 in North Branford.
I believe I have strippers and ammo for that rascal (if it's 7.63x25 Mauser). Hansen's had a slew of it, too (S&B I think).
By Mopar
Yes, it's in the original .30mauser/7.63x25. I do need strippers and ammo (won an auction for some strippers on ebay last night). Also need to get dies and bullets of course. I'd like to slug the barrel before ordering the bullets, and I'm still trying to figure out if I should get the .30mauser dies or if the 7.62x25 Tok dies would work.
By CTSixshot
Hmmm... I've got an RCBS set for the 7.63 Mauser that I use in a limited fashion for the 7.62 Tok (I own niether firearm).
I've always wanted to experiment with sabot rounds in a CZ52.
By MessEleven
Wow...what a cool looking gun!
By newguy
Is that the one that comes with a butt stock like a rifle you can attach to it ?
By Mopar
Yea, though mine did not come with it. :(
By newguy
Sportsman's guide has reproduction stocks with holster. But for 450 dollars they could hold there hands on there backside if you ask me
By blueshirt23
Mopar,
Nice Broomhandle. If you plan on shooting it frequently, you might want to invest in a modern bolt stop. The originals tend not to age too well and if it falls, it could be catastrophic. I have a Red 9 version and I've only fired a handful of rounds through it for that reason.
Chris
By Speedway
I have several hundred rounds of ammo for this gun if you are interested.

Danbury area.

I sold the two Broomhandles that I had.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!