Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
I was going to hold out for a Ruger American in .308.....After spending quite a bit of time with two sales guys from Hoffman's(I know, I must be special :shrug: )I decided a better way to go was with this used but unfired gem Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308win
Its loaded at 7.5lbs the rifle just feels great
-20" heavy barrel: 1:12 rh twist
-X-Mark Pro Adjustable Trigger system
-Hogue overmolded stock
-Pillar bedded stock for accuracy
-Durable satin black oxide metal finish

**no couch pics ... :lol:

By GixerJockey
Awwww shit! I see what you did there!

Way to do it right! That thing is nasty!
By myglimk2
:lmao:
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote::lmao:
:? There's a 3 month wait for American's in .308...
Not only that but there are some "new gun problems" with the Americans popping up and some 'whippy" barrel accuracy questions starting to arise, reminiscent of what plagued the older Mini's
By JohnFH
Nice starter platform.
Not only that but there are some "new gun problems" with the Americans popping up and some 'whippy" barrel accuracy questions starting to arise, reminiscent of what plagued the older Mini's
Glad my Savages never had those problems
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:
myglimk2 wrote::lmao:
:? There's a 3 month wait for American's in .308...
Than this makes sense! 8)
By GreggAndrews
JohnFH wrote:Nice starter platform.
Glad my Savages never had those problems
I'm actually taking a hard look at that Savage you have up for sale.

I'm not much of a Remington guy.
By myglimk2
PaiN, btw, I think you need to paint that scope... :whistle:
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote:PaiN, btw, I think you need to paint that scope... :whistle:
Na...if and when SHTF, I'm just going to wrap it in black duct tape.

Seriously, I know a matte black scope would look good on the rifle, but this Bushnell Trophy is a super optic, its very clear and bright and I love the thing.....I also got it at a great price, I'll never find another one like it for what I paid. It'll do the job for a while.
By myglimk2
It is a great scope! Can't wait to shoot this thing. :D
By newguy
Now you just have to get yourself a cheap reloading setup so you can shoot the hell out of it without breaking the bank
By JohnFH
Rifle Guille, no paint needed. :)

I'm thinking Wed afternoon, 200 yards, someplace in NW CT???
By JohnFH
newguy wrote:Now you just have to get yourself a cheap reloading setup so you can shoot the hell out of it without breaking the bank
He has me 8)
By newguy
Ya huh just a little ride north. 308 is such a good round to reload for there so many nice match grade bullets they sell it almost stupid to shoot cheap commercial
By GreggAndrews
newguy wrote:Ya huh just a little ride north. 308 is such a good round to reload for there so many nice match grade bullets they sell it almost stupid to shoot cheap commercial
It's not even the "match" grade bullets that really set it apart, but just typical FMJ which seem to shoot pretty darn decent, depending on the load you work up.

.30-06 & .308 are probably one of the easiest calibers to load for, if only for the fact the components are just so damn common. :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!