Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By Mike_Diako
My "early warning device". She's dumb as a box of rocks but has a bark that will leave you with little nuggets in your pants.

By punisher
Too funny.

My 4lb chiwuawua Will bark you to death and then run like hell into a hole somewhere.
Image :P
By 67malibu
been at the nightstand for years.
then we have the back up plan.
By PLO231
SR9 wrote:Very nice dobbies, how old?
Thanks for the compliments.
They are both wonderful dogs. Very smart, obedient, alert, loyal, and protective.
My family sleeps well at night.

The big (135lbs) black male (Rommel) is 8.
The normal size (70lbs) female (Lucie) is 6.
By PLO231
myglimk2 wrote:I love dobies! :love:
Your GSD's are gorgeous. I saw one of them when were did that FTF for the G17 at your place.
My brother has always had GSD's. Great family protection dogs. He averages one new vacuum a year keeping up with their shedding. :lol:
By myglimk2
PLO231 wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:I love dobies! :love:
Your GSD's are gorgeous. I saw one of them when were did that FTF for the G17 at your place.
My brother has always had GSD's. Great family protection dogs. He averages one new vacuum a year keeping up with their shedding. :lol:
Thanks! You met Jetta that day. She's gonna be turning 3 soon.

It's 2:27a.m. and I think I'll be up most of the night, now. She got sprayed by a skunk around 12:00a.m. :roll: :wall:
By MessEleven
This is what pulls duty as we sleep, with cell and battery backup...

Our early warning devices...

And while we're waiting, a Remington 887 Nitro Mag.
By PaiN
Since we're all posting the the pup patrol, here's mine ..and not at all happy about having her pic taken :?

By myglimk2
She's a great dog, PaiN. Always so happy. :D
By nvisn
PLO231 wrote:Rommel

Lucie

These are some beautiful dogs. The pics don't do them justice.
By snakeeater332
punisher wrote:Very nice looking dobies. I really like the picture with the dobie with the flag.
Yeah, great looking pups and an excellent pic! Love the name Rommel for a dog!
By snakeeater332
Here's a great one for you German Shepard owners:  

By myglimk2
good pic! 8)
By snakeeater332
My first line of defense, behind an alarm system, is my 10 yrs old female Australian Shepherd.  She is very protective and excellent with kids, although it's her bark that will likely wake me, and everyone else in rye house, before the alarm system is triggered.

After that, anyone who's dumb enough to continue to with attempting to enter my home will be facing my 12 ga 14" Mossberg 590A1 SBS (in the closest bedroom closet), my duty-issued .40 S&W Sig P226R, and/or my 9mm Gen 4 Glock 19 (both in a GunVault safe under my nightstand).  Each of the handguns has their own mounted weapon light (a Surefire X300 on the Sig and an Insight M-6 laser/light combo) and the shotty sports a Surefire 621FA WeaponLight.  There's also a .40 Glock 27 in the gun safe.  

I also have a Surefire P2X Fury LED flashlight (low 15/max 500 lumens), and a Benchmade 551S Griptilian combo blade folder on my nightstand.  

I do bad things to bad people ;)
By Clawed
PLO231 wrote: Image
I like that picture
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]