Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By AgentP
I just got my AAC pilot 22lr can back from being jailbroken. It was giving me some crazy issues with maitaining a zero after cleanings. Tried half a dozen times dealing with AAC directly. They just wouldn't do anything for me.

So, a little searching and I found Stalking Rhino Ind. They can jailbreak a non-servicable suppressor to turn it into a servicable one. Kinda what most of the manufactures are doing now, selling you a can you can take apart.

I've had this can since 2005. Put maybe 5k-7k through it. 99% CCI standard or sub sonic.

Just after they got the can open. Matt at SRI thought my can should have been retireit was so bad.

Now nice and clean.
And a cool new end cap.

If you have a sealed can and can't get it clean or your zero gets all screwed up after a cleaning. Look these guys up. Oh and its freakin quiet!
By punisher
Wow, what a difference!! Ive always been interested in getting a
Silencer( supressor? Not sure of right term)
Can you get a suppressor for any caliber handgun?
What do you need to get, some type of stamp?
By Mike-Sid
Looks great! How much did that cost?
By AgentP
Pretty much can get a suppressor in the most popular calibers. 45acp, 9mm, 22lr. You can put a 45 can onto a 9mm but, not the other way around. I just got my newest can in 308. That way I can put it on my 223, 300 blackout or anything smaller than 308. Instead of buying a 223 and 308. Get just one.

And yes you need to send in the paperwork to ATF and wait 4-6 months. Any class 3 dealer can walk you through the paperwork. It's not that bad.
By AgentP
Mike-Sid wrote:Looks great! How much did that cost?
$225. But I got the upgrade to titanium for free. :D
I was a guinea pig, sorta for a new method they were trying.

Considering how nasty it was. I'm very happy.
By Mike-Sid
The baffles are now titanium? How does it sound now?
By AgentP
Mike-Sid wrote:The baffles are now titanium? How does it sound now?
No the end cap is titanium. They offer end caps in aluminum or titanium. I ordered aluminum but they wanted to try a slightly different way of threading the tube for the cap. So they called me to see if I would be interested in trying it out on my can. The new way they did it wouldnt work with the aluminum end cap.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!