Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By GreggAndrews
phoffer961 wrote:
GixerJockey wrote:
GreggAndrews wrote:2.5'' .454 Casull?

Owwwwwwww...
Its just right, Nancy... :roll:
Wow! I shot a .50AE Desert Eagle two weeks ago and that has a 6" barrel. I can not imagine shooting this gun with only a 2.5" barrel!

I will add this gun to my bucket list!! :D
.50AE actually isn't terribly brutal. I shamefully admit that I have once fired a Deagle. It's not that bad...

.454 Casull on the other hand... it's brutal out of an 8'' gun, much less the 2.5'' our soon-to-be-dearly-departed friend here has... :lol:
By JohnFH
Grizzly bear meet my little friend
By GreggAndrews
JohnFH: Now the Oracle of Overkill
By JohnFH
When something wants to EAT me, there is no such thing as overkill :wink:
By GreggAndrews
When something wants to EAT me, there is no such thing as overkill
So judgemental... maybe it just wants to give you a bear hug. Or converse of pleasant things.

But no... gotta blow up the poor bear... :lol:
By JohnFH
But no... gotta blow up the poor bear...
Correct
By nvisn
JohnFH wrote:When something wants to EAT me, there is no such thing as overkill :wink:
There goes John quoting my wife again.

:lmao:
By GixerJockey
GreggAndrews wrote:
phoffer961 wrote:
GixerJockey wrote: Its just right, Nancy... :roll:
Wow! I shot a .50AE Desert Eagle two weeks ago and that has a 6" barrel. I can not imagine shooting this gun with only a 2.5" barrel!

I will add this gun to my bucket list!! :D
.50AE actually isn't terribly brutal. I shamefully admit that I have once fired a Deagle. It's not that bad...

.454 Casull on the other hand... it's brutal out of an 8'' gun, much less the 2.5'' our soon-to-be-dearly-departed friend here has... :lol:
Soon to be dearly departed??? You're confidence is overwhelming. lol

This Casull will be fun. I'm not worried. I have a 8" Freedom Arms that I bought about 10 years ago. So I'm used to the cartridge.

A week ago, I ran about 10 rounds through a 4" .500 S&W. THAT thing was abusive. Holy crap! The Casull will be like a kitten compared to that thing.
By JohnFH
When I finish healing I want to try it, once
By GixerJockey
JohnFH wrote:When I finish healing I want to try it, once
You're more than welcome.

I plan on shooting the shit out of it. The deal came with 100 factory rounds of 260 grain Mag-Tech. I really don't think they're going to be that abusive. We were shooting 400 grain Cor-Bon .500s last week and those things were mind-bending.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!