Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
Well, a Super Redhawk, Alaskan of course.

So who else is ready to go? I am!

I just picked it up tonight. Its a 2.5" 454 Casull. That's a 9mm in the picture just as a reference. Im all excited about it and can't wait to shoot it. It should be completely stupid.
By GreggAndrews
2.5'' .454 Casull?

Owwwwwwww...
By GixerJockey
GreggAndrews wrote:2.5'' .454 Casull?

Owwwwwwww...
Its just right, Nancy... :roll:
By GreggAndrews
Don't get me wrong... I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but burying a front sight in my forehead is on the list of things "I'll never do again". :wink:
By PaiN
It is even more bad ass in person ... ;)
By hooligan
Can you say "muzzle flash"
By nvisn
I shot one of these before. I was at BSR shooting a snub 357 which was the center of attention until this guy showed up with one of these. The first round he let off sent an arythmia inducing shockwave through my body. I thought the range was coming under artillery fire. When I went to see WTF was going on the owner asked if I wanted to try it I said efff ya I wanted to try it. He handed me 2 rounds - I loaded the cyl - fired one round - emptied it and handed it back to him. I then knew all I needed to know about the Alaskan.
By GixerJockey
hooligan wrote:Can you say "muzzle flash"
Can you say, that was the only reason for buying it? Lol

Seriously, this thing has no practical purpose what so ever. And that's part of the charm...
By PaiN
GixerJockey wrote:
hooligan wrote:Can you say "muzzle flash"
Can you say, that was the only reason for buying it? Lol

Seriously, this thing has no practical purpose what so ever. And that's part of the charm...
No practical purpose...? I call it an excuse to go on an Alaskan excursion....Good enough purpose? :wink:
By CTSixshot
If you're anticipating grizzlies and the like, I'd rather have a rifle along, even if it isn't as portable. Handgun wise, probably a 10mm Auto or 41 Magnum minimum.

Darn, too bad, GixerJockey, I just sold 500 pieces of virgin Starline .454 Casull brass. I do have a 100 or so Hornady .454" Cowboy bullets remaining though. http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pro ... uctId/6020

The .454 Casull will chamber .45 Colts, too, correct? (Or is it .480 Ruger...?) I've got a few boxes of 250gr LSWC reloads, too, but these are .452"
By phoffer961
GixerJockey wrote:
GreggAndrews wrote:2.5'' .454 Casull?

Owwwwwwww...
Its just right, Nancy... :roll:
Wow! I shot a .50AE Desert Eagle two weeks ago and that has a 6" barrel. I can not imagine shooting this gun with only a 2.5" barrel!

I will add this gun to my bucket list!! :D
By Mike_Diako
Sweet! Can I shoot it? :D
By Bcarp22
So cool!!!
By GixerJockey
Mike_Diako wrote:Sweet! Can I shoot it? :D
Yes, yes you can...
By GixerJockey
CTSixshot wrote:If you're anticipating grizzlies and the like, I'd rather have a rifle along, even if it isn't as portable. Handgun wise, probably a 10mm Auto or 41 Magnum minimum.

Darn, too bad, GixerJockey, I just sold 500 pieces of virgin Starline .454 Casull brass. I do have a 100 or so Hornady .454" Cowboy bullets remaining though. http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pro ... uctId/6020

The .454 Casull will chamber .45 Colts, too, correct? (Or is it .480 Ruger...?) I've got a few boxes of 250gr LSWC reloads, too, but these are .452"
454 Casull/45 long colt are interchangeable. There good to go down the 460Ruger too.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!