Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:Dura-Coat

http://www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/
That stuff is to expensive to only use little of. I was thinking Krylon with a matte clear over it.
By myglimk2
nvisn wrote:Go all white on the stock.
I don't think I would like that. :lol:
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote:
PaiN wrote:Dura-Coat

http://www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/
That stuff is to expensive to only use little of. I was thinking Krylon with a matte clear over it.
Krylon is cheaper.....but face it we're are not talking large amounts of money here.....Why save $20 and put on cheap-ass bubba spray paint job that, no matter what you coat it with will sonner or later peel, chip and wear......Do the Dura-Coat once, right and it'll last forever.
By nvisn
Arctic camo would be my choice.
By myglimk2
I used to use Krylon when I refinished wheels on the side. I never had any issues with it. Maybe I shouldnt have asked what kind of paint should I use. :lol:

Here are a few sets of wheels I have done, out of maybe 3 dozen sets of wheels. :lol:
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote: Maybe I shouldnt have asked what kind of paint should I use. :lol:
Why did you ask? I've never had great results from spray paint, seems like you can do better :?
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:
myglimk2 wrote: Maybe I shouldnt have asked what kind of paint should I use. :lol:
Why did you ask? I've never had great results from spray paint, seems like you can do better :?
Maybe I'll pick up some paint up and try it on some stuff I have laying around. Mainly just doing the stencil work is gonna be the tricky part.
By nvisn
I would guess put 3-4 coats of white on the stock to drown out the gray and than go with the black paint??
By JohnFH
Make sure you use a good plastic primer on the stock, then any paint will be fine. I'll show you how to make stencils and even let you use the airbrush if your really nice.
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:Make sure you use a good plastic primer on the stock, then any paint will be fine. I'll show you how to make stencils and even let you use the airbrush if your really nice.
Where were you...like ten posts ago, when Jr. could have used some actual advice... :evil:

Anyway, listen to John, I have experience with his "done" stocks, its like they came form the factory in camo.
Last edited by PaiN on Sat May 19, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote:Make sure you use a good plastic primer on the stock, then any paint will be fine. I'll show you how to make stencils and even let you use the airbrush if your really nice.
:lol: Thanks John! All I need to do now is maybe find a junk plastic/synthetic stock to practice on first.
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote:All I need to do now is maybe find a junk plastic/synthetic stock to practice on first.
You can borrow my 10/22 stock....
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:All I need to do now is maybe find a junk plastic/synthetic stock to practice on first.
You can borrow my 10/22 stock....
You do realize that if I paint it, it will be hard to get off right?
By myglimk2
What primer would you recommend John?
By JohnFH
easy to clean the paint off if you don't want it painted anymore.
modern paints suck.

I'll get you the name of the paint I use
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!