Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
got tired of waiting for my leather IWB holster for my glock 19........so I figured since I got quite a bit of time on my hands lately, I would try making one. went down to tandy leather supply and bought some 9oz cowhide, a couple of color of dies, somw wax thread and the rest of supplies. made a few patterns for my glocks and my kahr pm9, watched some you-tube videos....and let it rip. so far so good, its been working out pretty well, nice fit, exact postion/cant for me, not sure if i like the crossbreed clips or the belt loops yet. with the 9oz cowhide, its a pretty thick IWB so it holds the gun nicely, not flimsy like the desantis or galco you buy at the store.

By GreggAndrews
Very nice Slud!!!

I need to find leather... I have this absolutely GORGEOUS red suede, but it's not stiff enough to do anything with (thick, but very very loose).

Where is this place? (Tandy's)
By Mike_Diako
Where we're you able to locate this stuff locally? I would like to try making some leather/kydex hybrid holsters.
By JohnFH
Tandy is in East Hartford and they ship too.

I have been doing this for a long time, feel freeto pm if you have any questions
By GreggAndrews
Where we're you able to locate this stuff locally? I would like to try making some leather/kydex hybrid holsters.
I'm actually planning out a chest rig for stripper clips. Hold something along the lines of 20 (100rnds).
By Mike_Diako
JohnFH wrote:Tandy is in East Hartford and they ship too.

I have been doing this for a long time, feel freeto pm if you have any questions
Thanks John. I'll have to check them out! I'll pick your brain if I need help too.
By magneton44
Awesome Job!!!! 8)
By ernhartfan3
Looks Great!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]