Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
I scratched it...

Some of you may remember me asking about 17 HMRs and heavy barrel target rifles. I might have had a hankering for a tack driving small caliber. I figure I pretty much took care of that today.

It followed me home, I swear...

It's a Savage Model 12 Target Series with an HS Precision fiberglass stock andTarget Accu Trigger. Single shot action in 223. Scope is a fixed 10x with target turrets and mil-dot reticle (nothing special, I had it around so it went on the gun.)

I love how both sides of the action are open so you can weak-hand reload the single shot.

I absolutely love this thing. I can't wait to go shoot it on Tuesday. I'll probably end up over at Metacon some time in the early afternoon, as a guest of a member. If anyone has the time and the access, it would be good time to come and hang out.

So who wants to have me as their guest at a club with a 200 yard range?

Oh, and John... I think I'm finally equiped to come shoot paintballs at 100 yards. On your say... You ready yet?
By JohnFH
I stiil have a week or so, but nice stick. If you want to clean up the top get a single piece mount from Dednutz, no sharp edges.

What twist? I have some really nice Hornaday 55gr Moly that were like lasers out of the Stevens .223

Don't forget though, this is .223, not interchangable with 5.56
By GixerJockey
Twits in 1:9. Pretty happy with that. It should shoot almost anything well. I've got some PMC 55gr and some PRVI 62gr HPBT stuff to feed through it and see what it does for now.

I'll look into the Dednutz. I would have snagged the one peice rail off of the A-bolt that I let go but I didn't want a blued rail on top of that pretty stainless receiver.

Glad your recovery is rapidly approaching...
By Mike_Diako
She's a beauty. :D

I've wanted a single shot .223 gun for quite a while now. If you don't mind me asking, what did it set you back?
By GixerJockey
Mike_Diako wrote:She's a beauty. :D

I've wanted a single shot .223 gun for quite a while now. If you don't mind me asking, what did it set you back?
$1000... used. bipod was on it. I had the scope.

Im not sure what they went for new. I checked the Savage site, but they no longer offer the same gun in 223.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!