Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
After much consultation with the Oracle and Sage of accuracy and all things guns. I decided I was was taking this on ...on my own 8O
So here it is, in process, accurizing for a Boyd's Tacticool stock. I bought a Brownell's kit and have been very carefully and slowly at this for several hours already, with many more to go...

The kit:

The work:
By GreggAndrews
I'm diggin' the playdough. 8)
By JohnB
its blue flavor..good job pain !
By Drew
What a great project!!
By PaiN
Yea....I robbed the kids :lol:

The bedding is done, it has to sit and setup for at least 10hours, but it'll more like 20 before I get too it. Finger crossed :) Ill give it another week to fully cure before I shoot it.

All tied up:

By myglimk2
Looking good! 8)
By GixerJockey
So who is this sagely Oracle of Accuracy? And when can I bring them my new Savage 12 to have bedded?

Nice job by the way. I don't have that kind of patience.
By GreggAndrews
So who is this sagely Oracle of Accuracy?
If this is the Oracle of Accuracy I believe it is, he lives deep in the woods of Torrington, where all sorts of magic happens.

Some say he's obsessed... some say he's lost his mind entirely!

All I know is, he does great work. 8)
By GixerJockey
GreggAndrews wrote:
So who is this sagely Oracle of Accuracy?
If this is the Oracle of Accuracy I believe it is, he lives deep in the woods of Torrington, where all sorts of magic happens.

Some say he's obsessed... some say he's lost his mind entirely!

All I know is, he does great work. 8)

Ohhhh... Here we go with the Stig jokes. :lol:

John, will you please help me bed my new rifle, or point me to someone in central Ct that you trust to do a nice job?
By PaiN
The barrel and stock are separated, the bedding looks great and all parts cleaned up nicely....but ..Welcome to "amateur hour" I didn't put enough clay where the middle pillar goes and got some leak under the barrel in that area. Now I have to take the extra step of opening up the channel and cutting away some material to fit the action once its all back together..... :shrug:
Otherwise...so far, so good.

The Oracle and Sage of accuracy and all things guns = JohnFH
By JohnFH
No problem Gixer, the shop is open, I'm back to work next week.

Might have to have a Sunday back to health shoot next weekend :party1:
By PaiN
Here's the completed bedding, all cleaned up and ready for reassembly and the fun part....a trial run :D

this is from the start.
By myglimk2
:D 8)
By PaiN
Okay.......I believe it does shoot better ;) The wind was seriously crazy out there. I shot "mega groups" of 25rounds into my test targets once I had it sighted in. I had 3 types of ammo, unfortunately all were HV rounds. Blazer 40g RN, American Eagle 40g RN and Rem. Game Loads 36g HP. The AE still shot the best, holding in 2.5" at 100yards, the Blazer in 3.5" groups and the Game Load(which I believe is close to a hyper velocity round) shot in a 4.5" group.(note these are ~25%-50% smaller than before the bedding)
These were 25round groups with the majority being much tighter. So here's the deal.....I'm pretty sure this rifle with its 16.5" barrel and 1:16 twist was intended to shoot match grade or standard velocity rounds. This is just off the cuff but the AE had the least "zing" and shot the best while the Game Loads had the most "zing" and shot the worst. I going to lay bets this rifle really comes into its own with a standard velocity 40g round. More testing to come.....
By JohnFH
Try subsonics, you'll get excited
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!