Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By Mike_Diako
Mine would have to be my Marlin/Glenfield Model 25 .22 rifle. I don't know what it is about this gun but I wouldn't sell it for anything. If I was only allowed to own one gun, this would be it. It has served me well for many years.

A close second would be a Chinese Paratrooper SKS that I bought a couple years ago. I Bubba'd a bipod on it and that's about it. I love shooting it. Tons of fun. More so than my AR's. The fireball is nice too.

Let's see what you've got. Everyone has that gun that's never going to get sold/traded.
By PaiN
Being me ...I've sold all my favorite guns :?
By hayes1966
PaiN wrote:Being me ...I've sold all my favorite guns :?
In your case why not show pics of your favorite gun by the week :D
By sludwinjr
the custom 10mm cco that I built for myself........

By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:
PaiN wrote:Being me ...I've sold all my favorite guns :?
In your case why not show pics of your favorite gun by the week :D
That being said ...I can't because I very much like the few weapons I own equally, they are my "keepers".
I don't want authorities to have easy access to a picture inventory of my stuff.......

Am I serious, maybe, maybe not.
By nvisn
I would sell my soul for an SKS/M
By GixerJockey
I see your 10mm...

And raise you my 10mm....

By GreggAndrews
Ooooo... a Bren... 8)

These three guns are the ones that I could not part with under any circumstances whatsoever. If I only had to pick ONE, it would be the 10/22. My uncle gave this to me just after my aunt passed on in the nursing home. He is not well, and to be truthful does not have much longer on this earth. Parkinsons & Alzheimers is one of the worst things I've ever seen happen to a man.

Coincidentally, this Ruger was the FIRST rifle I have EVER shot. There's just a certain nostalgia about it.

The Marlin: I couldn't part with that either. Even though I literally shot it to death, it was my very first rifle, and I could never ever part with it. I've shot hundreds of thousands of rounds through it at least (I'm not joking about that figure either... ask my mother...), and who knows how much the previous owner put through it. Another reason I couldn't let go of this: my uncle found this rifle for me for my 10th birthday.

The 1851? Eh... it's my first "pistol". I've shot it to hell & back, and has never failed to go bang for me (despite being *ahem*... outdated...). I've put more "character" marks & miles on it than you will find on any Glock/HK/tupperware. I consider this gun more of a good friend than most people I've come to know. :wink:

By phoffer961
My favorite gun(s)... I will never sell my very first weapon I ever owned! This is my Stevens Model 9400 12 gauge shotgun! It has been with me for 35 years! I took it to the range a few weeks ago and it brought back great memories!

I will also never part with My Stag AR-15 Model 1 since it is my first AR.

and the last gun I will never part with is my S&W MOD915 9mm. I love this gun. It is so smooth and accurate.

By GixerJockey
If I had to pick a favorite handgun, it would be this... for the moment. I've got some really cool stuff in my collection but, this is my go-to "shooter". I've put over 1000 rounds through this thing in the last 2 months and I don't see that slowing down. It's just so damn fun to shoot!

CZ 75 SP-01 Custom Shadow:

By a_sannine
The Dissipater
By DemonicScience
It's a terrible picture, but that's it...I was too busy shooting the thing.

NO, this weapon is not out here in CT...its "Illegal." So I had to leave it NM, sad day for me.

But Arsenal just released the CT legal Ak-74, so its on. No bayonet lugs, and no threaded barrel...well at least not showing ;)

Arsenal SGL31-61 (Ak-74, Best Ak's on the market)

Out at the s**t shoot range
By PaiN
Ya know DS ......Now that you're here, I know for sure I was stolen as a baby form a western free state and mis-placed here. :cry:
Last edited by PaiN on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By DemonicScience
HAHA....its true man, I already miss the Land of Entrapment, I thought I was lucky to have escaped its grasp...WRONG!

Not to mention the badass Elk, Deer, Oryx, Antelope, Mountain Goat, Bear, Courgar, Turkey, and Target practice Gophers to hunt.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!