Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By phoffer961

This is my last AR-15 build (I hope!).

My goal was to try to build the lowest price AR I could using new parts.

Tactical Machining Lower from Hoffman’s $94.95 (I did the white lettering with whiteout)
DPMS 16” Oracle Complete upper from Midway USA $372.99
Palmeto LPK $49.95
UAG Tactical New Generation Desert Tan 6 Six Position Collapsible Style Polymer M4 M16 AR15 AR-15 .223 Carbine Rifle Commercial Stock Buttstock $19.99 Amazon
Buffer tube and Buffer $17.95 Amazon
Total build cost (excluding tax and/or shipping) $555.83.
I was very happy with this build! The whole rifle went together with no issues!

Additions:

Military-Style A2 Pistol Grip for AR-15 with Hardware FDE $7.75
Hogue wrap FDE $9.08 Amazon
Magpul Industries Moe Hnd Grd Carb Lnth Fde $33.95 Amazon
Magpul Industries Moe Trigger Guard Fde $9.90 Amazon
MAGPUL INDUSTRIES CORPORATION MBUS GEN 2 FRONT SIGT FDE 34.49 Amazon
Magpul Industries MBUS REAR FLIP SGHT GEN 2 FDE $52.00 Amazon
UTG Deluxe Tri-Rail Barrel Mount $11.46 Amazon

Total damage $714.46. Not too shabby. I use Amazon for the free shipping and no sales tax.

I really have to stop this! Does anyone really need 5 AR's? This is my last....
By kayakdave
Thats it! I gotta build one! I shot CTkix's on Fri and now I have the fever!
By ernhartfan3
Very nice :)
By MC
Last edited by MC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By phoffer961
MC wrote:i have 4 ar's u always need another. very nice. are they different calibers. i have 22lr ar, 300 blackout, 223 those are short barrels and a 16 inch and always looking for another. nice build
4 are .223 and 1 is .22LR. They are awesome to shoot! The .22 has issues and is back at Chiappa getting looked at. Too many light strikes. I hope they figure it out! The others are perfect!!
By phoffer961
phoffer961 wrote:
MC wrote:i have 4 ar's u always need another. very nice. are they different calibers. i have 22lr ar, 300 blackout, 223 those are short barrels and a 16 inch and always looking for another. nice build
4 are .223 and 1 is .22LR. They are awesome to shoot! The .22 has issues and is back at Chiappa getting looked at. Too many light strikes. I hope they figure it out! The others are perfect!!
I just heard from the gunsmith from Chiappa on my dedicated .22lr AR15 build. I was getting a ton of light strikes. When he switch the upper to one of their own lower, no issues! He shot 3 30 round mags with not one light strike! I had a bad feeling I had mounted the hammer spring upside down, where there was enough tension to fire the rifle but not enough for the finicky .22lr. I asked the gunsmith to take a look and even though they are not supposed to touch the customer's lower, he confirmed my mistake, made the fix and shot a whole mag with no issues using my lower! Dang! The moral of this story is to check everything! I should have swapped the lowers using my Stag, which I bought complete, before sending to see if maybe I had made a mistake. Big props to the Chiappa Gunsmith for fixing my problem lower and test firing. He didn't have to do it, but he went that extra step!
By a_sannine
Never enough , ARs my favorite
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!