Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By ernhartfan3
Congrats on the awesome duo!
Im am also interested in how the SR1911 shoots? It seems like a quality piece for the price.
Good luck with them & enjoy :)
By kayakdave
Sweet! I like my LC9. Been lusting after that SR1911.
By nvisn
Not to crap on your parade but I hope you aren't planning on carrying that 1911. It is a beautiful piece but the stainless frame WILL rust. Mine started to after one week of carry.
By phoffer961
nvisn wrote:Not to crap on your parade but I hope you aren't planning on carrying that 1911. It is a beautiful piece but the stainless frame WILL rust. Mine started to after one week of carry.
I saw your earlier post with your review of the SR1911 and the frame rust. It made me think twice before "I pulled the trigger". I will use the 9mm for carry. I will use the SR1911 for the range and just to look at, it is so dang beautiful! If I carry it, I will watch for the rust. I actually brought your concern up with the salesman. His response was "the gun is all stainless steel, it shouldn't rust!". I told him "we will see...".
By nvisn
Maybe I just got a crappy one. Good luck with it!
By phoffer961
nvisn wrote:Maybe I just got a crappy one. Good luck with it!
Thank you! I will report back if I see any issues over time!
By GixerJockey
ernhartfan3 wrote: Im am also interested in how the SR1911 shoots? )
I've shot it. And was very impressed with how it performs. I can easily say that it shoots every bit as well as a new, $1000ish Colt Government Rail Gun. (was able to shoot them side by side a few weeks ago) I want to see how much they loosen up after processing a few thousand rounds. Otherwise, a quick trigger job would take it from already being a great gun... to being an awesome one.
PaiN wrote:
phoffer961 wrote:DON'T TELL MY WIFE!!!
Only if you get us a range report on the SR1911 ASAP.... ;)

Just got back from the range today! All I can say is "WOW"! I fired both the SR1911 and the LC9. They both shot AWESOME! The LC9 has a looooonnnngggg trigger which takes some getting used to. The SR1911 doesn't! I was able to group my shots right out of the box. I had cleaned the LC9 before I shot it, the SR1911 I did not. They both fired great and they are both a breeze to break down and clean! I can not get over how light the LC9 feels in my hand. Once I master the long trigger I will be very happy. The SR1911 is just too easy to shoot. I ran through a box of Prvi (bought at the Wallingford gun show today) before I knew it. I ordered a few boxes from AIM, I think I will need a lot more! :D
By hooligan
If you want to know if your frame will rust take a magnet and put it against your frame if it sticks it will rust. Even if it only sticks a little. The magnet sticks to SST with chromium in it, series 400 and not to SST with nickle, series 300.
Sorry, but that's the way it is.
By GreggAndrews
If you want to know if your frame will rust take a magnet and put it against your frame if it sticks it will rust. Even if it only sticks a little. The magnet sticks to SST with chromium in it, series 400 and not to SST with nickle, series 300.
Sorry, but that's the way it is.
All stainless steels WILL corrode, non-magnetic or not.

Non-magnetic stainless steel is absolutely useless, as it is too soft for anything other than butter knives.

If your gun doesn't stick to a magnet, something is very, very wrong.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!