Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
Ruger LC9 w/Galloway hammer and a CZ SP-01 Phantom

Both ran flawlessly on the tested rounds, I got through 230 rounds between the two consisting of CCI Blazer 115r, WWB, 115g, Winchester NATO 124g and my SD rounds, Hornady Critical Defense 115g. The LC9 is going on EDC duty and CZ is for the range, comps. and those bad times....
The Phantom is something else....what a gun! :D I was worried about the trigger, but the damn thing is good, especially once it gets running in SA.
Ergonomics are fantastic, the pistol is very comfortable and amazingly controllable. I love the low bore axis, I was on target from the first shot.
I'm going to add its built like a tank, everything is just beefy and tight, I have no worry about this pistol's reliability or durability.
The LC9 a solid performer too. Its just the right size for my year round carry needs. I shot it stock, after a few rounds all hits were on target. The feel is comfortable and for a small 9mm the recoil is tame. I just do care for the trigger. When I got back the Galloway hammer had arrived, so I installed it. What a PAIN in the ass, that was....I got to know the guts of my new gun :roll: but the hammer is in and it has made a significant difference in the trigger pull, both the break and reset are shorter and cleaner and I estimate the pull is about a pound lighter. Can't wait to give it another run.

By PLO231
I love the CZ.
I have the SP-01 Tactical and it is one of my favorite shooters.
By PaiN
Wow this has been up since last night and there has been no "I'll take next week when you sell it" post ...I'm confused :? or you guys have no taste in good guns ? ..... :lol:
By CTSixshot
Nah! Just figured I'd lighten up on you for awhile...
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:Wow this has been up since last night and there has been no "I'll take next week when you sell it" post ...I'm confused :? or you guys have no taste in good guns ? ..... :lol:
I was holding out! But give me first dibs on that CZ, IF you decide to sell it. :P
By CTSixshot
Time's up!
You should own this in time for the Meriden St. Jude's Shoot-A-Thon, myglimk2!
By nvisn
myglimk2 wrote:
PaiN wrote:Wow this has been up since last night and there has been no "I'll take next week when you sell it" post ...I'm confused :? or you guys have no taste in good guns ? ..... :lol:
I was holding out! But give me first dibs on that CZ, IF you decide to sell it. :P
Sorry. I'm Buying out the lease.
By GixerJockey
Is that a poly frame Shadow? I'm still learning about all the CZ line has to offer. My Custom is a metal frame, so just curious.
By BigKahuna
That CZ SP-01 Phantom is beautiful! I just bought a Ruger P345, and I'm very happy with it, but that CZ is drool-inducing.

Great choice!
By PaiN
BigKahuna wrote:That CZ SP-01 Phantom is beautiful! I just bought a Ruger P345, and I'm very happy with it, but that CZ is drool-inducing.

Great choice!
Thanks.....Looks?...you should try shooting one sometime :twisted:
GixerJockey wrote:Is that a poly frame Shadow? I'm still learning about all the CZ line has to offer. My Custom is a metal frame, so just curious.
The Phantom is a ploy framed version of the SP01 Tactical, minus the ambi decocker.
I handled both the Shadow and Tactical, they feel great in hand, but both are lots of gun weight wise(especially for a 9mm). The ploy frame drops the weight by 33% and makes for a more nibble and well balanced combat pistol ...imo.
By punisher
Hows the recoil compared to a PF9?
By PaiN
punisher wrote:Hows the recoil compared to a PF9?
The Phantom is a little softer......... :lol:

For real, you'd think guns as close as the LC9 and PF9 are, there wouldn't be much difference in shooting them. When the bullets start to fly, the two are very different especially in recoil/follow-up, the LC9 is in a whole other class.
By PaiN
I wanted to update this post with some info on the Galloway hammer I installed in the LC9.
http://www.gallowayprecision.com/lc9per ... parts.html
(I had only the hammer installed)
The bad news is though the hammer improved the trigger pull it caused frequent light strikes in my LC9, as much as two per 7 round mag.

I'm going to send the hammer back for a refund, let's see how this goes. :roll:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!