Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By PaiN
As for accuracy, mine is a 580xxx, so I am hoping for decency right there. I considered adding a strut, but don't want any more weight or expense, plus one additional thing I learned about the Ultimak rail(after I bought it) is that because it mounts on the gas block and banded around the barrel is acts as a strut does reducing "barrel whip". Some reported decent accuracy improvements with the rail attached.
By nvisn
You tools are making me want a Mini. Make mine a 30.
By PaiN
nvisn wrote:You tools are making me want a Mini. Make mine a 30.
The problem with the Mini-30 is ammo fussiness.....Its not the same animal as the Mini-14.
With my Mini-30, I had about a 60-70% ftf rate attempting to run Wolf through, switching to Golden Tiger got me to ~50% ftf but it barely got through a mag without a fail to fire. I added an "extra power" hammer spring which helped a wee bit more but still the rifle was unreliable. After some back an forth with Ruger they told me the Mini-30 was not designed for harder primer steel ammo and I should run American made brass cased 7.62x39.....I did try this and the brass ammo ran with out a problem :? at twice the cost of steel ammo and spotty availability......I decided to get rid of the Mini.
By CTSixshot
What's the deal with the Mini30 with regards to bullet size?
Weren't some of the earlier ones made for the .308" bullets, instead of the typical .310" used in most Soviet x39? (that could really mess with your head.)
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:What's the deal with the Mini30 with regards to bullet size?
Weren't some of the earlier ones made for the .308" bullets, instead of the typical .310" used in most Soviet x39? (that could really mess with your head.)
There's that issue too....
By PaiN
I haven't been able to get this rifle out to the range yet :cry:
By JohnFH
I'm going tomorrow afternoon
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:I'm going tomorrow afternoon
I had to switch my call to tomorrow.....So dependent on when you are going and when I get out, I'd like to meet up with you. I'd like to run the 200 also... which I haven't been able to get to the range with either.
By JohnFH
We have 200 yards, I have 40 rounds or so of 223 for you, I'll be there about 2
By GreggAndrews
I haven't been able to get this rifle out to the range yet
I know how it feels bud. Haven't shot my Eddy yet! (Dammit!!!)
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:We have 200 yards, I have 40 rounds or so of 223 for you, I'll be there about 2
I meant the "Stevens 200" ....but 200 yards sounds good too :lol:
What time are you going to be up there?
By JohnFH
PaiN wrote:
JohnFH wrote:We have 200 yards, I have 40 rounds or so of 223 for you, I'll be there about 2
I meant the "Stevens 200" ....but 200 yards sounds good too :lol:
What time are you going to be up there?
read all the words grasshopper
(and I know you meant the Stevens, shooting it at less then 200 yards is just silly)
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote: (and I know you meant the Stevens, shooting it at less then 200 yards is just silly)
So sighting it in the other night at TGC was useless?

8O :lol:
By YeaItsSlo
Can I come shoot rifles toooooo????
By JohnFH
Next time, I can only have 2 guests
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day