Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By myglimk2
By a_sannine
Professional
The Dog look good in there
By myglimk2
Shes actually acting normal and doesnt seem to be in any discomfort. Was just telling PaiN this morning how everything was looking up. But, about an hour ago I found a little bit of blood in her stool. She has diaria now. Called the vet immediatly and they said to just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt get any worse also to feed her chicken and rice to bind her up a bit.
:(
By myglimk2
2 1/2
By Drew
If the blood is bright red it could be a roid thing from the squirts.
By a_sannine
myglimk2 wrote:2 1/2
young , my dog going on 14
By myglimk2
Drew wrote:If the blood is bright red it could be a roid thing from the squirts.
The vet said it could be from her straining. I did give her scrambled eggs yesterday (per the vet) which could be contributing to the diaria and her straining. She just went again, and this time there was more blood in there. I'm getting a bit more worried. Gotta keep an eye on it and see if it gets any better or worse. Hoping the chicken and rice will bind her up a little bit so she doesnt strain as much.
By Drew
myglimk2 wrote:
Drew wrote:If the blood is bright red it could be a roid thing from the squirts.
The vet said it could be from her straining. I did give her scrambled eggs yesterday (per the vet) which could be contributing to the diaria and her straining. She just went again, and this time there was more blood in there. I'm getting a bit more worried. Gotta keep an eye on it and see if it gets any better or worse. Hoping the chicken and rice will bind her up a little bit so she doesnt strain as much.
If she doesnt like to eat the mix a little chicken broth makes it tastier. We have been doing a lot of this ourselves since Xmas week.
By myglimk2
She gobbled the chicken and rice right up! :lol:
I will definitely throw in some chicken broth though just to add some flavor for her.
Just took her outside again. She went again, doesnt seem to be as much blood as last time.
By magneton44
I would think that this is a "good sign" EATING! :D
By a_sannine
I know chicken bones if she had any by mistake could cause such problem
By myglimk2
magneton44 wrote:I would think that this is a "good sign" EATING! :D
It's a very good sign! Another good sign is she is still peeing and deficating.

She got ahold of my Advil bottle Thursday morning. Advil contains Ibuprofen in it which is highly toxic to animals. I dont know exactly how many she ate, If I had to guess it could be anywhere from 5-25 200mg pills. In most cases of pets that ingest it do not survive. Ibuprofen reaks havic on there GI track and can cause kidney disease/failure.

As long as she keeps eating,drinking,urinating,and deficating she has a chance but no garuntees :( . I hope the presence of blood in her stools calms down. I'll have to see how the rest of the day goes.
By magneton44
Wow! Her age is to her benefit I would think, young and strong. Water and more Water..... stave off dehydration. Just a thought :)
By myglimk2
She has been drinking alot, and everytime we're near her bowls I try to get her to drink some more. Been taking her outside every 30 mins or so just to keep the fluids moving. The more she drinks and eats the better it is gonna be to flush this out of her system.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!