Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Build a new rifle? Buy a new hand gun? Post pics of your pride and joy firearms here.
By GreggAndrews
The Patterson, Navy, and New Army look unfavorably upon their stainless step-child; The Ruger Old Army.

The Go-To-Barn-Gun. Does absolutely everything I could ask it to.
By GreggAndrews

The gun that helped 16 Texas rangers hold off over 80 Comanche warriors. Heavy mainspring, terrible trigger.

Cool factor beyond compare. Besides, it was a good deal. :)
Last edited by GreggAndrews on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By GreggAndrews

I'll have to get a better picture. This is my very first cap & baller: an 1851 Navy by Pietta.

I did my own rust-browning finish too. Looks nice in better light.
:)
By GreggAndrews

Ah... the 1858 Remington. My second cap & baller, I like it.

Ever since the Old Army found its way into my collection though, it doesn't hold any use for me other than it being a portable time machine. Put a lot of work into this one, getting it to index correctly.

It's a superb shooter though. I'm surprised how well it does.
By nvisn
Are you lined up on a target and ready to fire there?

No?

Booger hook away from the boom boom lever then!
By Mopar
nvisn wrote:Are you lined up on a target and ready to fire there?

No?

First thing I noticed too. That's a really bad habit to get into and a really hard habit to break. If you DON'T break that habit, no legit firearms instructor is going to sign off on your handgun class paperwork for your permit when you turn 21.
By nvisn
Handsome collection BTW...
By Mopar
nvisn wrote:Handsome collection BTW...
+1 there for sure! I do <3 me some black powder!
By GreggAndrews
Entirely understandable. Made sure hammer was down & blocked by notches beforehand. Unless I absolutely, positively know for sure that there's no chance of it going off, the gold-shovel stays away from the bang-switch. If I can't see the hammer, fingers stay outside of the frame.

I do appreciate the concern though, and it shows you're paying attention. :)

Speaking of shooting, I have plenty of powder, shot & caps... anyone wants to make smoke & noise, find a time & place. Black powder is ADDICTIVE.

I'll get some of my knife pics up in a bit. :)
By GreggAndrews
EDIT:

There are absolutely NO markings on the Paterson, other than "Texas Paterson .36Cal" on top of the barrel flat, and the numbers "177" on the frame & cylinder.

One thing that bugs me about these Italian clones: You ALWAYS have to put a little work into them to get them running right, just out of the box. :evil:
By nvisn
GreggAndrews wrote:
Entirely understandable. Made sure hammer was down & blocked by notches beforehand. Unless I absolutely, positively know for sure that there's no chance of it going off, the gold-shovel stays away from the bang-switch. If I can't see the hammer, fingers stay outside of the frame.

I do appreciate the concern though, and it shows you're paying attention. :)

Speaking of shooting, I have plenty of powder, shot & caps... anyone wants to make smoke & noise, find a time & place. Black powder is ADDICTIVE.

I'll get some of my knife pics up in a bit. :)
It's not about knowing whether it is loaded or not. It is about developing proper habits.
By GreggAndrews
It's not about knowing whether it is loaded or not. It is about developing proper habits.
Duly noted. :)

My go-to's for absolutely everything.
By hayes1966
nvisn wrote:Are you lined up on a target and ready to fire there?

No?

Booger hook :)
By hayes1966
Nice collection. I do need to get out and try the one I have some time.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!